DiecastXchange Forum banner
741 - 760 of 774 Posts

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
& I was correct.

Minichamps did the job properly, the wheels should be Ronals as can be seen on the advertisement along the side of their model.
I realise that Solido are a budget brand but how much extra would it cost to fit the correct types?
Incidentally, AUTOart made the same mistake with their Ringhausen RS500 (Minichamps again fitted the correct wheels).

Vehicle Car Wheel Window Motor vehicle

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are there any plans to make the Renault Megane R26R in 1/18 ?
I know OttO Mobile did, but a 1/18 in Blue with Red wheels would look great!!! Either by Solido or OttO Mobile. I'm not fussy!
Unfortunately it's not planned to make models from our 1/43 range to 1/18 scale for now.

Got my Supra(s) today. The white one arrived with the targa loose. Took it out and noticed a scratch on it. I don’t intend to ever display the car with the roof on, am I being too picky? I noticed a wheel chip but whether that’s related to the targa I don’t know.

My perfectionist streak says to replace it, but my realist side says that I could get into an endless loop of receiving flawed cars.

The red one looks pretty bang on. View attachment 273459 View attachment 273460 View attachment 273461
You have send us an email about this issue. We are very sorry to see that your model is arrived with some defects. As explained, please contact your reseller to any after-sales request. We have forwarded your pictures to our devteam.

Seen the Wurth Sierra RS500 is now available. Pretty sure it shouldn't have road car wheels painted white.

View attachment 273640

View attachment 273641

View attachment 273642
We have talked about it before on this forum but we are often forced to make compromises when developing our miniatures, mainly racing cars. This includes different rims. We try to make the most realistic and faithful as possible, while respecting our budget and our restrictions. Thanks for your understanding.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Impreza 22B due soon in road and rally guise.
The rally version has correct wheel rims, which are different on the street version.
Sorry to keep banging on about this, but internal differences are less obvious in a display case compared to wheels.
I seem to remember a mention of an 'enhanced' range of models - presumably at a higher price.
I would be more than happy to pay an extra €5 - 10 for proper wheels and tyres.
Anyone else have an opinion on this (knowing that those living outside Europe will pay a higher price for the usual reasons)?
Motorsport has always been very important to me, and scale replicas are an essential part of that.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
The Supras have landed here at a higher cost compared to their previous models. Probably has to be because they are Supras. I have the Aa Impreza rally and the WRX cars and the 22B will round off the set. I would be paying 3x what I paid for the brand new WRX so it better be sorted out. At the same time, I am hoping the next batch of Supras in a different color are better finished especially with the headlights.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Impreza 22B due soon in road and rally guise.
The rally version has correct wheel rims, which are different on the street version.
Sorry to keep banging on about this, but internal differences are less obvious in a display case compared to wheels.
I seem to remember a mention of an 'enhanced' range of models - presumably at a higher price.
I would be more than happy to pay an extra €5 - 10 for proper wheels and tyres.
Anyone else have an opinion on this (knowing that those living outside Europe will pay a higher price for the usual reasons)?
Motorsport has always been very important to me, and scale replicas are an essential part of that.
Same here. I would rather pay £5 / £10 more an have the accurate wheels. I'm not getting the Wurth Sierra because I'm not a fan of the livery but still, I am put off by the wrong wheels. It was the same with one of the 190E touring cars. They had painted road wheels and not center lock race wheels.

I know it sounds like moaning, but it's the principal of it. If you're going to make the car, why make it inaccurate. I get that costs do limit things, but wheels are such a key part of the car and its design. As above, wheel inaccuracies are obvious. It was the first thing I looked at on the Wurth Sierra. To keep costs down, make the correct wheels but just make a few variations of the car with them or as I have suggested before, sell parts aswell and build your own kits.

I have the McRae 22B rally and an orange 911 RWB on order. So pleased its a McRae car. So pleased with Solido at the moment. Some excellent releases.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
A short clip of the upcoming Porsche 935K3 - which looks quite decent.
It's of little interest to me, since I have the excellent TSM version.
But look in the background at what is visible, but out of focus.....
Agreed and likewise.

But look in the background at what is visible, but out of focus.....
Are you thinking it's a K4?

M

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Personally I just can't see a K4 happening.
Solido produces a number of alternative paint schemes on their models to maximize the tooling cost.
A Jagermeister model could only accurately be available in one release, any others would need major changes.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
2022 mid year catalogue:
Solido Mid-Year Catalogue-2022.pdf
Seems to be mostly paint jobs on items already known about, although my interest is only on 1/18th scale.
From my perspective the wheels on the upcoming 'Wurth' Sierra RS500 has white painted road versions, which is pathetic.
And the text lists Axel Plankenhorn as the driver for the excellent looking Jagermeister K3.
He was replaced for the Spa event by John Fitzpatrick after the 5th round (Mainz) so I hope his name isn't on the model.
As far as I can tell, 1980 was the only year that the DRM visited this glorious venue in it's redesigned layout.

741 - 760 of 774 Posts