DiecastXchange Forum banner
761 - 778 of 778 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
2022 mid year catalogue:
Solido Mid-Year Catalogue-2022.pdf
Seems to be mostly paint jobs on items already known about, although my interest is only on 1/18th scale.
From my perspective the wheels on the upcoming 'Wurth' Sierra RS500 has white painted road versions, which is pathetic.
And the text lists Axel Plankenhorn as the driver for the excellent looking Jagermeister K3.
He was replaced for the Spa event by John Fitzpatrick after the 5th round (Mainz) so I hope his name isn't on the model.
As far as I can tell, 1980 was the only year that the DRM visited this glorious venue in it's redesigned layout.
Yea, if the Wurth RS had the correct wheels, I’d probably add it. Oh well, I probably don’t need any more RS’s.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
I continue to be delighted and irritated by Solido in equal measure.
I have no real issue with the shape of their models, but the details - ARGHHHHHH.......
And yet again I feel compelled to ask, wasn't there supposed to be a premium/enhanced range on the way?
Proper wheels and tyres would be the best start, then perhaps an opening bonnet with an engine.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
I continue to be delighted and irritated by Solido in equal measure.
I have no real issue with the shape of their models, but the details - ARGHHHHHH.......
And yet again I feel compelled to ask, wasn't there supposed to be a premium/enhanced range on the way?
Proper wheels and tyres would be the best start, then perhaps an opening bonnet with an engine.
You don’t get answers when you point out the mistakes and ask why they can’t get simple things like the wheels correct. Maybe it’s a copyright issue. Guess we’ll never know, haha.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
You don’t get answers when you point out the mistakes and ask why they can’t get simple things like the wheels correct. Maybe it’s a copyright issue. Guess we’ll never know, haha.
I am well aware of the response to pointing out obvious flaws.
Case in point - the Laudoracing Fiat 128 Berlina.
I complained that the shape was a mess, and that my cheap 1/24th scale (open parts) looked way more accurate.
They did answer, saying they couldn't see what I was on about.
I would have bought one that looked correct, but not the warped mirror reflection they offered.
Incidentally, the 128 3P coupé was spot on for shape!
But at least we have a Solido representative on the forum, who listens to what we have to say, so full marks for that.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
I'm famous!
At least I think so. :p
My AutoTech BMW E30 on their facebook page....

·
Registered
55 Posts
No plans for a "Premium" range at Solido. Sorry.
We work hard to offer the best quality/price ratio. However, we have to make compromises to stay in a Solido budget. "Small details" for you can actually be big sources of costs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
CatRM,

I feel like the one car that nobody seems to want to make with opening doors is a 1:18 a90 Toyota Supra (2020-present). I am not sure if it’s harder to acquire a license from Toyota, but I hope that Solido is the first one to do it

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
CatRM,

I feel like the one car that nobody seems to want to make with opening doors is a 1:18 a90 Toyota Supra (2020-present). I am not sure if it’s harder to acquire a license from Toyota, but I hope that Solido is the first one to do it
And the almost completely ignored R31 Skyline GTS-R.
The R30 has been done in metal by the AUTOart of old, but could be another choice for an entry level Solido.
JDM stuff doesn't interest me too much, but we need a decent Corolla AE86 in 2 and/or 3 door form.
The AE86 has motorsport model potential, the Trueno has virtually none, so the old AA doesn't interest me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
While on the subject of Japanese.. i would love to see some Lancer EVOs, 300ZX, Silvia, 3000GTO etc appear on upcoming Solido catalogue :whistle: one can dream right?
Del Sol, SW20 MR2, BB4 Prelude, etc. My beloved 1990 Honda Accord would be a stretch, but.

How about some Japanese trucks? A proper Hilux / Pickup or a Hilux Surf / 4Runner would have to be popular, I’d imagine, or the Nissan equivalents (D21 Hardbody / Pathfinder).

The real ones are slowly gaining collectibility, I have to believe the scale ones would as well.

761 - 778 of 778 Posts