DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you know i have now the AUTOart and the Solido DBR9 # 59 cars.
I am not going to give you a full written review, that has just been done by another member(Darren) and a cracking job he did too.

But hopefully this will sway you one way or the other as to which car you want to have in your collection.
both cars have excellent p/work

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
any future liveried DBR9's in 1:18 from Solido......................that's where my money will be going,please don't get me wrong, i love my A/arts....but penny for penny and with opening parts.......well, you make your own choice :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Fantastic comparison Steve. That's the very best way to really see how the two stack up against each other. I'm surprised so many of the tampos differ in size and even design a little. I would have thought that was a relatively simple thing to do correctly. The AUTOart does look that little bit more 'crisp', and details like the towing rings and bonnet latches are nice, but the Solido really doesn't disgrace itself when they are sat side by side like that.

I know the tyre markings were mentioned before, and looking at photos that are definitely of the car in race spec from the 2005 Le Mans, neither model seems quite correct. It looks to me as if there should be some sort of a blue background, as there is on the Solido, but the scaling is a bit nearer the real thing on the AUTOart version.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I do see enough differences in the exterior refinements that makes me lean towards the AUTOart version.

I would consider the Solido version a "3 ft model", like many budget models, it looks good from 3 ft away. But on the other hand, since the hood and the door opens, it begs the collectors to come take a closer look. :giggle

Looking at the real car, it seems the AUTOart version seem to portray the livery closer to the scale.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/mattpasta/2005_59.jpg

I'd like to pick up the #58 Solido if they ever release one, and display it open next to my sealed AUTOart #59 to have the best of both worlds.

:cheers

NOTE: Please keep photos (attached or linked) to <640x480 AND <60kb. Thanks. :cheers

·
I look good in leather.
462 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I don't 'think' I am... :wink

Nice comparison. The Solido looks better next to the AUTOart, than on it's own. Well, to me it does. If I were in the market for a 1:18, I'd currently get neither, as the green liveries interest me not. However, were the livery I'd want be released on both, I'd just about pip for the AUTOart. Or, as Matt said, get both - the best of both.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great match, Stevie. I'll guess that h3ll will freeze before an agreement has been reached on this matter, but wouldn't the world be too gray if everybody had the same opinion? :goodpost
I for one am not sorry for having opted for the Solido... even if I'm displaying it very close to the Bentley!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like those Pic's Steve. :10

My local shop has got a whole load of them which almost sold-out but managed to save one until Friday when it's my fist pay-day. :yahoo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've got a question about the sealed models.

When the wheels are turned, does the steering wheel turn as well :question

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.