DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remembered reading somewhere here that a member bought a Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari F-50 and was annoyed by a wobbly wheel / disc brake assembly. Well I had the same problem with mine (front left) and have devised a solution for it.

This fix applies to any of the 4 wheels of the car.

First make sure the wheel is off. Next, you would need a set of needle pliers that can securely hold the screw axle. Will your pliers on the screw axle, hold it steady while at the same time, slowly turn the disc rotor clockwise until you feel that it has become as tight as the other non-problematic wheels. After you have set the correct resistance, you need some super glue (the gel type is the best since it's not drippery). Take the least amount of super glue as you can and apply it to the micro gap between the screw thread and the center hole of the disc rotor. This is VERY important as it would ensure the rotor would get loose again when you re-install the wheel. Allow the glue to dry completely and then re-install the wheel. Voila!!! The problem is fixed!! :10

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.