DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hi all,

I feel quite awkward about starting a new thread, but I looked for DX Themed Thread of the Day on all 'White cars', but found only 'Black & White' instead.

Plus, I had a couple of miscellaneous pics as well.

Once again, my photography skills have gone downhill. Not enough natural light, not a good enough camera, and not good enough skills behind Photoshop! But hopefully the pics are at least viewable :scared

Okay, a while ago (well, a month or so now), I bought a new Howsakt Toyota Supra in 1:43, which are actually a Kyosho line. The car itself is very good, and offers the only real alternative to obtaiing a Supra in 1:43 apart from the dreadful older M-Tech releases. My car has an unfortunate paint blemsih where there has been overspray onto the front black chin spoiler, but I can live with that. After all, there are worse things that can happen in the world, right?

I also picked up a Minichamps F355 Berlinetta, that started life as a Poz Cola John Bowe Code 2. The retailer stripped the decals from some cars to sell as plain ones after he had trouble shifting the last few of his stock. So I have one of these cars.

Anyway, I decided to shoot them together on my venerable old diorama. The pics are pretty ordinary (low light, low pixels, graininess in image etc.), but hopefully I can show you all what they look like.

Nb: One pic per post, as they are being attached rather than linked.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
And a change of tack now. The following four shots are of the Supra, together with it's white Japanese brethren (if that doesn't sound too strange :confused )

It's a white car Japanese sports car festival :happy

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Pictured are Ebbro's Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec, Ebbro's Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R V-spec, Howsakt's Toyota Supra Turbo, Vitesse's Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI RS Sprint, and Ebbro's Honda Integra Type R.

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
And finally, front and rear shots. I like comparing the style of Japanese automotive design, and having a fair few 1:43 diecast cars allows me to do that. The different ideas to front and tail light treatment are fascinating.

Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I find the tail lights the most intriguing. Nissan's iconic skyline range continues with the circular light theme, although with different sized lenses), the Supra's is squashed flat with a row of small circular lenses within them, the Lancer has a more traditional small car design (quite uninspiring, but it is designed from a basic four door sedan), while the Integra's are...well...different again. :shipwrecked That was a pointless comment to make really. I should have thought that one through a little better.... :giggle

This is the last photo I have to share with you. With their low quality and standard, that's probably a good thing!!! :lol

Thanks for looking.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Kit car

:help

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have enjoyed all those photos u posted. they are not only enjoyable, but also telling that u trully are a super 1/43 collector. :goodjob thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Great Diorama!

...and an awesome line-up of white cars!!! :coolpics

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it when anyone pays attention to anything I have posted.

I do enjoy 1:43, as it offers the best range of diecast cars, as well as being more affordable and easier to store.

Many thanks for your kind words. :cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.