DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The price of the 1:18 scale audi R8's are being advertised by a company in England at £44.99 cheaper than their 1:24 scale at £112.99. I must admit I'm surprised as I thought that they would cost more. I'll still wait until I see one in metal first before I decide, but if you want the 2004, 05 winners it oes not like like we will have much choice! :badidea

G

·
Ouch, if they sell that in the States at the exchange rate, it comes out to ~$200 USD... :help

That's exoto/CMC territory!

G

·
They make the Aston Martin DBR9 and i think they are soon to release the Ferrari F2005 in 1/24 but i suppose that will be in their Red Line brand.

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Dave, read what Snail wrote in the first post...

The price of the 1:18 scale audi R8's are being advertised by a company in England at £44.99 cheaper than their 1:24 scale at £112.99.
I *think* he is saying that the list is 112 GBP :confused

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Well, that is more of an "at the races" price then I would think, (in terms of UK prices as that's what sealed AUTOart's seem to go for in the UK). That would be the limit of what I would pay for a sealed R8 anyway (and only because I really love LM winners) :cheers

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I see, $80. Still way too much money though. From the photos I've seen, they don't seem to even match the Speed 8 in terms of detail, and I paid about $60 US for my Speed 8. Still way too much for a sealed model if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Jeff, I am not sure but I understood that the 1:18 price was 44.99, whilst their 1:24 scale models had the 112.99 price tag. I think given the last few replies that this is indeed correct, making the 1:18 around $80, and the 1:24 being the $200 cars.

·
24LeMans 1:18 Collector (&#39;98-on)
97 Posts
$80 does seem a bit on the high side.

HOWEVER, seeing as how the Audi R8 may go down in the books as the greatest racing sportscar of all time, coupled with the fact that I only collect 1/18 ALMS/Lemans from the current day................

I'll be getting them!!

:my2cents

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.