DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brakes:
Very detailed calipers and rotors an improvement from the more unrealistic set ups Exoto has done on other models. Calipers are fixed and rotors spin freely. From the looks of it there is very little to improve on.

Accuacy: 8
Detail: 8

Engine:
Underneath the easy to remove engine cover you are greeted with the finest in detail. A beautifully replicated V-12 Ferrari engine with full wiring ranging from spark plug cables to battery cables leading to just above the drivers head. The motor is surrounded by reflective paneling to further show off this work of art. Cooling lines and hoses do their thing and small suspension components intermigled with the rest of the motor are similar to fine jewelry. There are many parts and all well replicated with attention to all detail and studyous delivery of next to perfect molded pieces. Radiators are P/E and can bee seen as they should.

Accuracy: 9
Detail: 8.5

Exterior :
The outside panel gaps are tightly shut like a Mars research base escape door should be if there were 23 cyberdemons on the opposite side. Stance and ride height are dead on. Suspension bars are detailed and solid. Scoops and vents work. Rear brake light has no connecting pin and is detailed. Windshield is constructed as if it were jewelry and is tinted.

Accuracy: 9.5
Detail: 9.5

Interior:
Much detail is packed into this department. Steering wheel has prancing horse emblem, and buttons/read-outs are all displayed on the gauges. Driver is wondefully painted and detailed as is he was just as important as the model. The helmet is also packed with even more detail and a wire is attached to the car and to the helmet. Seatbelts are made of red fabric and buckles are replicated. Headrest has simulated leather material and is stamped with signurature Cavalino marking.

Accuacy: 9
Detail: 9

Paint:
Is nothing short of beautiful and almost nothing to improve on so far as quality/finish. Since the color is Standox this model will not suffer any deductions for accuracy.

Accuracy: 10
Detail: 10

Tampo/Decals:
Tampos are expressed clearly and all are in tact with plenty of accuracy and color. Ferrari badges are tampos and all other markings through out the model have nothing lacking.

Accuracy: 9
Detail: 10

Tires/Wheels:
Gloriously replicated racing slicks and a fine matt black rims make up the wheels. Including valve stems and tire markings as in the real racer. Wheels are staggered width which is a must. Tire shine is just right and everything is executed well.

Accuracy: 9.5
Detail: 9.5

Undercarriage :
Simple yet effective the under side mainly draws ones attention to the exhaust outlets near the back. This part may be too simple. However I may never see the underside of the 1:1 so that may be a factor.

Accuracy: 8
Detail: 8

Overall: Besides it being obvious to any F1 fan that this is a stunner, things that stand out are: simulated head rest, rear suspension, V-12 intake, battery cables, wiring, various P/E parts, wheels are realistic, paint is astounding, racer feels light, body panels all fit well, meticulously detailed driver/helmet, and tampos all look great.

Acuracy Total:9
Detail Total:9.0625

Total Score: 9.03

Notes of mention but not scored:

Year produced: ???
Price(budget/premium): $120-260
Subject matter: Gran Prix
Packaging: What you would expect from Exoto, every measure is taken to insure your model gets to you unharmed and in style.
Craftsmanship and Quality: Excellent quality all the way around. The car feels light and sturdy. Exoto aims to please with this spectacular Gran Prix classic.

Review added to the DX Model Review Database on 11-OCT-2005

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
CollectorX said:
The outside panel gaps are tightly shut like a Mars research base escape door should be if there were 23 cyberdemons on the opposite side.
:giggle Awesome!

Another great review, buddy! :nicejob To the point, very informative, and chock-full of great pics. Thanks! :cheers

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Yeah, it's hard NOT to like this. The messy engine; the delicious, candy paint; the intriguing little headrest; etc. :tempted

You picked a winner, my friend. I'm so glad I was there to see you welcome it home. :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Great review and pics Jacob! :cheers What a work of art! I am glad I don't do race cars or you would get me in trouble! :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speed: Yes candy paint, it looks edible!

Acisne: Thanks! Your right you would be in trouble between Muscle and Race cars!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice review of a stunning car . :cheers

I just recently sold a similar Mansell car and it was definately one of the most detailed cars Ive ever had in my possession.

Stunning :happy

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks for the great review Jacob! :310
The 641\2 always got my attention when we talk about F1 cars. i'm still having a dillema though, buy this one or maybe wait for the McLaren Honda MP4\6 of Senna. I'll guess i'lll just have to wait and see.
By the way, i'm glad to see you didn't get the "EAGEL" one :giggle

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Wow Jacob, what a beautiful piece! :nicejob And I'm not into F1 cars! :nicejob
Great review, thanks for the read! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
great review Jacob and wonderful pics.
i've looked at these F1 Exoto's many times the detail is :tongue
i really must not get involved with these :scared