DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the ERTL version accurate to the car from Starsky and Hutch movie????

if not, can it fixed up easily?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My nephew just got the Gran Torino from Starsky and Hutch. The model is great however the trunk wont open (opens slightly). Does anyone know how to open it?
:feedback

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked at it today and the model looks great. I like the detail and the model should be proportionately correct. It has a little more detail than the average Ertl in my opinion :cheers

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
CollectorX said:
I looked at it today and the model looks great. I like the detail and the model should be proportionately correct. It has a little more detail than the average Ertl in my opinion :cheers
Thats sounds nice I might have to get it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have this model myself, but could it be held by a tiny (under carriage) screw like some of the AUTOart vehicles?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking the same thing, my S2k has the same thing but there was nothing like this on the bottom of the model :confused

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For some reason most of the torino's ertl made have this problem.I have silver torino and a S &H one and both dont open all the way.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
CollectorX said:
Also Im pleased bc the head lights and tail lights have no connecting pins visible.
That is one of the things I was a bit worried about with this model, maybe I'll have to check it out next time at TRU :cheers

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I was actually looking for a few pics of the model myself, here's one of the trunk.

I don't think it opens even though it looks like it might :confused

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe these models are the same as the C5's Ertl released. If they are, get ready to highly upset.

This is what I had to do in order to get the rear hatch to open. Take the entire model apart by removing the undercarriage. Once you go through the hassle of doing all that, just turn the latch that is holding everything in place. Something so simple is made so complicated. :confused.

Shortly after doing all that, I was so mad that I used the model as donor car and now I practice my spray painting skills on it :ranting

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks 4 the info guys :cheers

Justin,
in the pic u posted, on the tailights, shouldnt there be a back-up light on it???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DiecastX said:
Shortly after doing all that, I was so mad that I used the model as donor car and now I practice my spray painting skills on it :ranting
I'd love to see the pic of this "donor".

How many different colors do you got on there? Who knows, you might be able to talk Ronan into buying it and tell him it's an "art car". :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DiecastX said:
I believe these models are the same as the C5's Ertl released. If they are, get ready to highly upset.

This is what I had to do in order to get the rear hatch to open. Take the entire model apart by removing the undercarriage. Once you go through the hassle of doing all that, just turn the latch that is holding everything in place. Something so simple is made so complicated. :confused.

is it really that hard to take an ERTL apart???

I would expect it to be like a maisto :confused

lol, in response to G3's comment on donor cars

y not start a test paint car thread???? :lol

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I think Ertl is infamous for screwing in latches to keep the trunks from opening :ranting
Something about selling the full opening version to Hobby shops only and charging more money. :nutkick

CX, are you sure that your "nephew" got the car :giggle

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I think that the two LE (1 of 5000) have opening and finished trunks. The S&h and the two RE do not have a finished trunk. So even if you managed to get it to open by removing the "tabs" there will be nothing in there. Also, on some of these Ertls that look like the trunk would open, there are no "hinges".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.