DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Here's one of my next year entries b4 i start it.. well have started pulling it apart but.. will show more pics as i go along :). It's the F&F RX7. Dom's car to be exact, made by racing legends/ertl. Going to be removing the wing/wheels/rear section/engine and modifying the interior too... not to mention another wicked paint job :) for the exterior!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StygianMax said:
Soudns like you're going to have yourself some fun Stach. Any plans to use different wheels/tires?
Yes and Yes :). Im thinking about some drag slicks on the rear like the one in the pic above and some others for the normal tuner look.. but not too bling bling. Want to go for a streetable Drag racing machine! with a custom paintjob thats not too wild! if ya know what i mean.. I like to mod cars to be how id like them to be if i was gunna drive them in a 1:1 :). And i find having the model close by up on a shelf helps give me idea's for it when im spending time on here! :) :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok next bit.. trying some new seats in it!! and going to put the red n black handbrake into it aswell, both seats and handbrake are from my UT bimmer Z3 Roadster

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Domin8 said:
Yes and Yes :). Im thinking about some drag slicks on the rear like the one in the pic above and some others for the normal tuner look.. but not too bling bling. Want to go for a streetable Drag racing machine! with a custom paintjob thats not too wild! if ya know what i mean.. I like to mod cars to be how id like them to be if i was gunna drive them in a 1:1 :). And i find having the model close by up on a shelf helps give me idea's for it when im spending time on here! :) :cheers :cheers
I like your ideas with the wheels/tires & handbrake. Those red seats look really sharp too. :cheers

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
StygianMax said:
Domin8 said:
I like your ideas with the wheels/tires & handbrake. Those red seats look really sharp too. :cheers
Why thankyou Felix!! :drinkbud :cheers :cheers

G

·
Great car to mod, but I'd use a Kyosho for the base personally. Yeah, a bit more expensive, but the Ertl model is so inaccurate when it comes to the shape of the body. The proportions are wrong, the front is too short, the back too long and all the sexy curves are missing including the double bubble roof. Ah, just my opinion though. Good luck with the custom! :cheers

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aipex said:
Great car to mod, but I'd use a Kyosho for the base personally. Yeah, a bit more expensive, but the Ertl model is so inaccurate when it comes to the shape of the body. The proportions are wrong, the front is too short, the back too long and all the sexy curves are missing including the double bubble roof. Ah, just my opinion though. Good luck with the custom! :cheers
Yeah.. I'd do the Kyosho but they sell for just over $100 here each... thats round $70USD!.. and seeing as this one cost me $25US im guuna stay with it i think! but who knows.. if i ever find a cheap RX7 from Kyosho later i may do it aswell :).

Trying to get the wheels and front windscreen out atm..

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well.. hit a slight bump in the road so tospeak.. by accidentally cracking the windshield :\. So I'm going to have to source another one.. but in the mean time I'm on the look out for another model to do...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.