DiecastXchange Forum banner

Stealing an idea....

1K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Oldtimer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Taking an idea from Anthony at Scale18 I decided to create a semi-street version of the Le Mans winning Porsche GT1 by Maisto...

The bottom pic was the doner car

#12 ·
I did one of those, too, although it wasn't a "street" version, it was the John Wyer/Gulf Racing version:

:cheers

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nice job Jeff. :nicejob
I wanted to do the same thing after reading Jeffs post. I want to strip the decals off a white/black clk dtm too. Hope to find those donor cars soon.
Jeff do you intend those side mirror pods as they are? I wish they were'nt made in plastc. All those wild decals hide so many design features of this car. Especially the bulge on the front fenders.

#19 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Felix-I use Testor's rattle cans. I usually strip the car completely with Klean-Strip aerosol stripper (got to make sure you get all the plastic parts off the diecast parts, as this stuff will turn the plastic into goo). Then I put on about two coats of primer, and then about two coats of color. After each coat of either primer or paint, I bake the car in the oven (at about 250 degrees F) for ten to twelve minutes, and then let it heat soak with the oven off for another ten to twelve minutes. You can usually put another coat of primer or paint over the first one after you have let the entire model cool down for about 30 minutes, or so.

:rockon

#17 ·
Tom. that's a cool looking car :cheers
Is that what you drive to work? :giggle

I was going to paint the mirrors white but I thought it would look good next to the GT3R with the yellow mirrors...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.