DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
:lol True, I still have a few models with stickers on them since I dont want to rub them too hard to remove them.

G

·
:coolpics :giggle

...erm... but yea that sucks. Make sure you use some rubbing alcohol to get rid of the residues.

:cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I've found the best way to remove glue left by scotch tape is to use a new piece of scotch tape to pull it off. Have you used tape to try getting rid of that residue?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I don't think you guys would like my solution. I get all of the sticker off that I can and then I use testors air brush thinner and a Q-tip. I haven't had it hurt the paint yet, but I never leave it on very long either. I wouldn't try it on anything high-end.

G

·
Meguairs Polish removes residue like that extremely well.

I have used rubbing alcohol on models in the past and it seems like it breaks the paint down in that particular spot. You can see th4e discoloration in the paint afterwards.

I only use the polish when I have problems like this now.

Thankfully, most companies have moved away from stickers like these.

G

·
I just rub gently with a soft cotton cloth. The glue just balls up. I've done that with all my AUTOart's (with stickers) and have never damaged the paint or failed to get the residue off. I personally wouldn't put any kind of chemical on the paint, but I'm sure I'm just being overly cautious.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Window cleaner (containing some alcohol) on a soft cloth. That my (quick and efficient) way for removing those and I'm yet to see paint problems because of it. Been cleaning models with that for years and had no probs.

G

·
Excuse me everyone can I just clear this issue up once and for all :giggle

These stickers are far better than the bl**dy metal wires AUTOart use now which are fiddly and which can potentially damage the paintwork when removing them. The stickers, if removed soon after aquiring the model, cause no permanent damage.

Also, there is no need whatsoever to use anything stronger than a decent carwax on the residue. All it takes is a bit of patience and after a few applications (and without rubbing hard) all signs of the glue will be removed.

I there are any members who cannot remove this residue satisfactorily and without anything more than minimal effort, then they should have their entire diecast collection confiscated in my humble opinion :giggle

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.