2561 - 2580 of 2620 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Sweet one Mr Koen!.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
That has more people in one photo than there are in my village. Wonderful click!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,301 Posts
All photos are awesome. The one's with the figures looks the best for me too although i do like the two models together in that photo as well. Brilliant work Koen.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Honestly Koen, not to cop out, but both are good for different reasons. I like the cars only image better in one way because you have no distractions from the cars. On the other hand, the one with the figures is nice too; it as you say, tells a scene and injects an all important human element into the photo and puts the race cars into scale. Nicely done either way, your thread is always nice to peek into sir.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,572 ·
Honestly Koen, not to cop out, but both are good for different reasons. I like the cars only image better in one way because you have no distractions from the cars. On the other hand, the one with the figures is nice too; it as you say, tells a scene and injects an all important human element into the photo and puts the race cars into scale. Nicely done either way, your thread is always nice to peek into sir.
Thank you Darren and William.
This is exactly what comes thru looking at the number of views on my Flickr account with a slight preference for the image with figurines (391/376 views and 9/7 faves)
It is obviously more about image quality then subject matter. Lighting without its reflection is visible , crispness of the image no matter if it's product photography or story telling.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I find the figurines do not look realistic enough, while the car models do. The faces and the hands... too much like toys. Distracting imo.

Can't wait to get my CMC Birdcage next week. Such a fascinating race car.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,575 ·
I find the figurines do not look realistic enough, while the car models do. The faces and the hands... too much like toys. Distracting imo.

Can't wait to get my CMC Birdcage next week. Such a fascinating race car.
2 different concepts in model car photography.
There is the pure product photography showing only the model and trying to catch the right angle for its presentation,
and, on the other hand, the story telling and imagination stimulating part of adding figurines and decor to an image in an attempt to create an atmosphere
around a model car. A street photography alike concept.
I'm attracted by both and wondering what other people think.
There are figurines in all kinds of quality degree and finish, the Figutec and Figurenmanufaktur products I use the most, are IMO of an acceptable level.

The Birdcage is a "must have" in any CMC collection IMO. Not many models have that level of finish and detailing

·
Registered
158 Posts
There are figurines in all kinds of quality degree and finish, the Figutec and Figurenmanufaktur products I use the most, are IMO of an acceptable level.
And what brand would you consider the absolute best, with the most lifelike faces? I'd be interested in a few, like Enzo Ferrari, Jean Bugatti, Hans Stuck, etc...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,580 ·
the last image is a bit darker then the one above it, Darren.
No idea what your screen is showing you, I suppose it isn't calibrated and it could well be a little too dark.
I always work on a calibrated screen and to me all seems OK

2561 - 2580 of 2620 Posts