DiecastXchange Forum banner
2601 - 2620 of 2662 Posts

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Stirling, your collection and photography are magnificent! It's such a joy to browse through this gallery of racing history and of your artistic creativity 👏👏👏👏.

Some day I hope you will do a step-by-step of how you create those "exploded" photos!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,602 ·
Stirling, your collection and photography are magnificent! It's such a joy to browse through this gallery of racing history and of your artistic creativity 👏👏👏👏.

Some day I hope you will do a step-by-step of how you create those "exploded" photos!
Hello Jersey_Devil
Thank you for the nice compliment on my images.
I think a step by step could get difficult as there is a basic knowledge of Photoshop needed to start with.
You have to dismantle the model and shoot piece by piece separately before starting to put all images together in one big file in Photoshop
:-(
Those images are really a pain to make and demand lots of patience.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Koen, I see you use f/22 a lot. Have you ever tried focus stacking with a wider aperture? I find anything narrower than f/16 on pretty much all lenses, even the highest quality pro models, noticeably reduces image quality from excessive diffraction. I'm also considering a tilt shift lens for model photography to alleviate this issue.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,605 ·
René,
I always use f22, on a bigger aperture I need a lot more images to make the stack and have everything in focus.
My D800 makes 76MB RAW images and stacking more then 12 images is a pain creating enormous files in PS as the images get triple volume in RGB which makes 200 MB per layer in the stack .
Sometimes I think about the chromatic aberration and get rid of it in CameraRAW, mostly though, I just don't care.

·
Administrator
33,828 Posts
I would like for you to consider nominating your pictures for the POTM contests, you've got some really nice shots here!

Stay tuned for the next one, I usually start the nominations at the start of each month, it can only be one picture in the month of the contest (so the next one will be July, and it's one picture posted in that month)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,612 ·
I would like for you to consider nominating your pictures for the POTM contests, you've got some really nice shots here!

Stay tuned for the next one, I usually start the nominations at the start of each month, it can only be one picture in the month of the contest (so the next one will be July, and it's one picture posted in that month)
don't think I will ever enter the POTM competition again, I'm sorry Craig.
I stopped participating the moment the winners were proud that they had registered their wives and let them vote so that they would win by 1 vote.
I was the runner up
unbelievable but true, that's the last thing I would bring in a woman for now, but it does testify to the evaluation value of the voting round

That BBR 375 Plus is spectacular, I only realized this model existed when I saw it on your Flickr photostream... Bought one the next day on eBay from Italy (y)
Nice to read my images have that kind of impact, René.

Nice shot of an amazing model, Koen!
Had the same for a while but last year I swapped it against the Panamericana version...
thanks, Dirk.
I like the livery of yours more but the Le Mans winner is the only one that could be considered to enter my collection.

·
Administrator
33,828 Posts
If you change your mind, I'm more than happy to have your pictures nominated. I'm running things now (and have for a while now) any sniff of dodgy tactics and I will deal with those playing around.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
don't think I will ever enter the POTM competition again, I'm sorry Craig.
I stopped participating the moment the winners were proud that they had registered their wives and let them vote so that they would win by 1 vote.
I was the runner up
unbelievable but true, that's the last thing I would bring in a woman for now, but it does testify to the evaluation value of the voting round.
Wow, I'm kind of gutted to learn of shill voting going on here. But with anonymous voting on every contest, I'm not a bit surprised it's happened/happening. When was that, btw?

You're totally right, it's off-putting taking part knowing the whole thing's been rigged from the start. I don't think I'll be even voting anymore.

Sorry about ranting on your collection thread. I follow you on Flickr and I think your images are amazing!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,616 ·
Wow, I'm kind of gutted to learn of shill voting going on here. But with anonymous voting on every contest, I'm not a bit surprised it's happened/happening. When was that, btw?

You're totally right, it's off-putting taking part knowing the whole thing's been rigged from the start. I don't think I'll be even voting anymore.

Sorry about ranting on your collection thread. I follow you on Flickr and I think your images are amazing!
This happened several years ago and never said anything though entered anymore afterwards. Never said anything about it till Craig asked me to participate in the POTM a few days ago. Won a few, lost a lot more but it gutted me that much the one openly (can't even remember who it was) telling his wife gave him the winning vote.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Sorry to here about that, Koen!
It's a pity that you are not contributing anymore to the POTM but I can fully understand your decision.
If this would have happened to me my reaction most probably would have been the same.

Sadly this competition is loosing more and more steam anyway - although pictures still are really good and Craig is doing everything to promote POTM.
Meanwhile we have below 30 members voting...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,618 ·
I feel this competition is loosing interest too. If we could manage to change the forum header monthly though like I suggested and present the actual POTM, this could help people enter their images.It certainly would be a great incentive for the winner to see his image on top in the header of the forum for a whole month

2601 - 2620 of 2662 Posts