DiecastXchange Forum banner
2641 - 2660 of 2661 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
The models are just incredible, but your photos elevate the subjects to another level.

That CMC 'junkyard' though leaves me speechless. Though sadly some of my zinc pest affected MBs are heading that way.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,642 ·
The models are just incredible, but your photos elevate the subjects to another level.

That CMC 'junkyard' though leaves me speechless. Though sadly some of my zinc pest affected MBs are heading that way.
Thank you for the nice compliment.
CMC and photographing my collection: the perfect combination of both of my hobbies
In my junkyard there are plenty of zinc pest models too, but as you see, there is always a second life for them too.
Dismantling and creating sceneries with them really is great fun. Pity my eyes are abandoning me to build dioramas though
:)

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,648 ·
Nice one, Koen!
Actually yesterday I got the same 3 mechanics with brown overalls by American Diorama coming in. :)
They joined my 1960s team Ferrari...
bought them last week too. It seems to me they're a bit of scale compared to the Figutec and Figuren Manufakture I have

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
After I read your comment I took a ruler and measured the figures:
Mine are ~10cm tall --> exactly what they should be as 1/18 guys.
Nevertheless they seem to be quite "strong" men compared e.g. to Figurenmanufaktur...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,650 ·
After I read your comment I took a ruler and measured the figures:
Mine are ~10cm tall --> exactly what they should be as 1/18 guys.
Nevertheless they seem to be quite "strong" men compared e.g. to Figurenmanufaktur...
exactly, Dirk.
I think it is better to use them in the background of an image

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Sensational photos as usual of one of my all time favourite subjects. I only have the '722' but would love it if CMC released the 1955 Le Mans racing SLRs with the air brakes. RIP Stirling Moss

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,658 ·
Thank you so much for your reaction.
I have all 4 versions of the 300 SLR and though I also would like them to make the Le Mans version with the air brake, the chance is very small it will ever happen as this is a very black page for Mercedes.
You will IMO never see Mercedes restore one of these models and thus CMC will never have the chance to scan it.

2641 - 2660 of 2661 Posts