DiecastXchange Forum banner
2741 - 2760 of 2785 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,741 ·
I spotted it immediately, as it is at the top of my wish list right now, but comes up for sale so rarely...
I don't even care it's resin and not as detailed as its Mercedes counterpart from CMC, something that I would normally avoid, but there is nothing better out there, and Audi (Auto Union by extension) is my favorite brand. (y)
you see them seldom appear in auctions but nailed the reasons why this model should be in a collection:
Audi / Auto Union fan and the Mercedes Benz counterpart from CMC.
Two perfect workhorses of the Silver Arrows era that are wonderfull on display with the race cars they transported

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,742 ·
verzameling-poster20kl

10 more models in and halfway thru my collection with some 80 CMC and 50 others still to go.
Photoshop file sizes are getting a pain.... with 7GB original file size now already
:-(

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,746 ·
Did you do them one by one, or is there a Photoshop trick for that?
Clement,
I'm doing all models one by one, each model is photo stacked and then added to an meanwhile enormous photoshop file with 170 layers now already

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,747 ·
verzameling-poster31kl

still a long way to go with some 50 more CMC's and 40 others to shoot. Now at least all 1:24 are already in.
Once they're all in, I'll have to think about a proper arrangement

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,750 ·
verzameling-poster41kl

200 CMC models are in now but still a while to go before the whole collection is photographed
I will need another month to get thru this project, I hope I can persist because it sure is a pain that's taking a lot of time
At least all 1:24 and 1:18 CMC models are pictured now, still to go are the 1:12, 1:43 and 1:87

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,754 ·
Those Fiat transporters are something else, I've yet to see one in person... one day.
René,
those Bartolettis are stunning models but even so are the prices asked for them nowadays.
I still remember the hektik there was at release 10 years ago because CMC was impudently asking 565€ for them instead of the earlier announced 499€ sales price.
Times change and we all know now how ridiculous these reactions were then
:-D

·
Registered
356 Posts
René,
those Bartolettis are stunning models but even so are the prices asked for them nowadays.
I still remember the hektik there was at release 10 years ago because CMC was impudently asking 565€ for them instead of the earlier announced 499€ sales price.
Times change and we all know now how ridiculous these reactions were then
:-D
At today's asking price, this is a kind of purchase I can make only once a year, and I just recently made such a purchase, an Exoto Jaguar D-Type Le Mans winner. It hurt to spend that much, but the desire is too strong. Next year, hopefully I'll finally acquire one of those transporters... for now, your photos will have to do (y)

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
I absolutely love the Speed 8!!! One of my favourite Le Mans cars! I got to see the actual winning car once, still covered in race crap. I got a real electric buzz! Goose bumps!!! :love::love::love::love: the model of it reminds me of when I saw it!

I'd liked it if you'd have nominated one of your thumbnail pics for the April POTM contest, they are great and something really different! I wish I'd have seen them sooner. I'd have put one forward (I know it's the same picture you are adding to, still great though!):cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,759 ·
I absolutely love the Speed 8!!! One of my favourite Le Mans cars! I got to see the actual winning car once, still covered in race crap. I got a real electric buzz! Goose bumps!!! :love::love::love::love: the model of it reminds me of when I saw it!

I'd liked it if you'd have nominated one of your thumbnail pics for the April POTM contest, they are great and something really different! I wish I'd have seen them sooner. I'd have put one forward (I know it's the same picture you are adding to, still great though!):cool::cool:
The Speed 8 was the car that triggered me to go to the Le Mans 24 H race again after a 19 years pause.
I was in Le Mans the week before the race in 2003 and visited the circuit after I had my meeting with a customer in the neighborhood. The Bentley Team was already there preparing the race and the Speed 8's were all dismantled ready for assembly and accessible for those that ran around at that moment. I was one of the few that had the unlimited access and was sold for the upcoming 10 years then after.
P1010073

I still have some 50 more models to add to cover my entire collection in this overview. it is an ENORMOUS project I started 3 months ago unaware of the time-consuming aspect of the whole thing but I really want to get this done before the end of this year. Meanwhile the files I work on are a pain ( 8.3 GB psb and 90 MB jpeg's) that slow my computer tremendously while taking back-up files

2741 - 2760 of 2785 Posts