DiecastXchange Forum banner

Stirling_Moss: my collection

251K views 3K replies 115 participants last post by  Stirling_Moss 
#1 ·
Hallo to all,
I started to upload my collection in a Flickr-group I created on my account over there.
Feel free to comment and leave me feedback here in this topic.
It will take some time to completely upload and that's why I'll restrict it to 1 picture per model first.
First started with the Le Mans winning cars in 1:18 in my collection.
Afterwards, step by step, nearly the complete CMC range will follow.
If somebody has questions on any model or would like to see more pictures of a certain model, just feel free to ask and I'll see what can be done.
The link to my collection can be found in my signature.
Kind regards,
Koen

#326 ·
Koen, Your collection truly astounds me... These are pure works of art my friend...

#336 ·
Wow..... Now they are 2 models that any racing fan would die for... 2 of the masters of driving from their era's.... Lucky you Koen...

#346 ·
It has taken me many visits to make it all the way through your thread Koen - each picture demands so much attention. Such a stunning and focused collection of quality pieces.

Today's 250F addition is rather timely ... I have been trying to decide between the M-064 and M-051. Do you have any thoughts?

#347 ·
The Collector
Very difficult question though to answer. It depends on the goal you have. If you only want one model of the 250F, you'll find the better deal on the M-051 and then I'd suggest to look for the new release of that model with the spoke wheels with nipples on them.
If you're looking to get more models, you will have to be vigilant all the time and careful with what you buy. Then you'll have to snap the good deals constantly.
If you're as crazy as I am, don't care about the one to get first because you are gone end up wanting them all anyway.

One thing is sure: it's addictive starting to collect CMC's.

#349 ·
Awesome Koen... Wonderful pieces each and every one...

The CMC 1:18 M-062 Bugatti T35

Have you not been tempted to bend the wheels straight? Someone did a mini tutorial on here and very gently used a pair of needle nose pliers and tweaked theirs straight.

#351 ·
Awesome Koen... Wonderful pieces each and every one...

The CMC 1:18 M-062 Bugatti T35

Have you not been tempted to bend the wheels straight? Someone did a mini tutorial on here and very gently used a pair of needle nose pliers and tweaked theirs straight.

Dave,
I'm not tempted at all to change anything on my models,
I prefer to keep them as original as possible.
I buy the models because they're a CMC and not because they're a Bugatti, and then this question isn't asked and doesn't come to my mind to try to change them and loose their originality.
I have 2 models from the Nation Color Project were the camber on the wheels is a lot less so why change this one?
I'm very strict in my thinking or opinion about model collecting and never have changed anything on a model I bought.
Remember, I'm a right handed person with 2 left hands on my body, so I really better don't mess around with them if I want to keep them intact.
Thanks anyway for asking.