DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After three straight Monte Carlo wins in Mitsubishi Lancers, Tommi Makinen got his fourth in a Subaru in 2002.

I'm far from an expert on 1:43's but I've got no complaints about this model (well ok, the antennae are too thick)...I think AUTOart did a great job on it.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1:18's are still going to be the focus of my collection...I'd had a few 1:43's, but then I came across a great deal on a bunch of 1:43's and added about 30 of them. I expect it will be the same in the future...not actively pursuing 1:43's, but if I find some cheap I'll grab them.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it wasn't quite all in one pop...I spread it over several weeks.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Well, for the time being at least, the slope isn't that slippery. My 1:43 purchases will be in the realm of opportunity rather than necessity. When I come across a deal too good to pass up I'll be all over it, but otherwise will be sticking to 1:18. As for the pics, they're giving me fits...I'm to the point with 1:18's where I can usually shoot eight or ten shots and get at least a few that are good enough to post. With the 1:43's I often have to go back and shoot a second session before I get some half decent ones. Wish they turned out half as good as yours.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hey John,
1/12 scale Minichamps motorcycles are so easy to photograph that they almost take the pictures themselves! You should pick up a few!!! :giggle

Really though, the pics look great and so does the car! Looks like they really did a great job on it!

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,910 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Nice model John. Not a big fan of the bug eye headlights but the model really looks good in the flesh. Waiting to see all the 30 together. :cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Winston! Apparently you aren't alone in your dislike for the bugeye version...I think the fact that I like it puts me in the minority.

·
1039 and counting
339 Posts
Nice addition, the bug eye rally car isnt my favourite but I prefer it to the current wrc car. I like this Autoart version, its alot better than the Ixo casting. Great pics too.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys!

Gary, I know you'll like it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.