DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Dave, it is a full opening model (all 4 doors, engine and hood)with much detail. It seems that AUTOart sealed cars are getting more and more. As far as I remenber about AUTOart rally cars all the Peugeot 307 and Citröen Xsara's are sealed. There is usually a yellow oval-spaped sticker on the box, informing about seal boby and all sealed racing cars are at the ''motorsport'' division.

Cheers.
MANOLIS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep this car is full opening.

The latest AUTOart cars are closed, but for me no problem.
Because i almost never opening the doors.

This model is coming an item that is very rare to find in europe.

I don't know outside europe.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Thanks guys. I knew some of the AUTOart rally cars were sealed models, but I wasn't certain which ones! If and when I add any rally cars to my collection, I would personally steer clear of the sealed ones. The subject matter doesn't hold enough interest for me to buy the non-opening ones :cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
A beautiful model and great pics, jurdup! AUTOart's opening rally cars are outstanding, but it's fortunate that Solido, Sunstar and Maisto do a very nice job as well...they give us an excellent alternative to the sealed AUTOart's.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Of course - I would always pick the opening Solido, Sunstar etc version over a sealed AUTOart. From what I've seen they do a fantastic job for the money, and judging by the DBR9 you get a lot of model for your money :cheers

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I got very close to getting one just like this about a year and half ago, but I didn't know any better back then and passed on it. This model shop in a local ski resort had some rare models for sale including an AUTOart Impreza Makinen (very similar to the one you have, might have been the same one), as well as an AUTOart Impreza Richard Burns (from '99 I think). They were each about $70 or so. Unfortunately the shop was closed when I came back 3 months later looking for them. If I had known better, would've bought both of those.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.