DiecastXchange Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
hm ok i was thinking since there will be much less detail they would have been a bit cheaper. i guess we will see how it looks
I agree. They should be a lot cheaper. I mean they are the same price that Highway 61 cars were when they were still making 1:18. And we know how the detail is on those!

Mitchell
[/quote]
very true. i hope this doesnt turn into things to come. if they do sell really good at that price the company might be like"hey they sell for the same price with less detail so lets make more like that " :S idk i hope not i am glad though that they are trying to put out something new. just seems like the price might be a bit high. i would like it in my collection but at that price for the detail of the model im probably not going to buy it. fair price to be would be more like $49

· Registered
571 Posts
hm ok i was thinking since there will be much less detail they would have been a bit cheaper. i guess we will see how it looks
I agree. They should be a lot cheaper. I mean they are the same price that Highway 61 cars were when they were still making 1:18. And we know how the detail is on those!

Mitchell
[/quote]
very true. i hope this doesnt turn into things to come. if they do sell really good at that price the company might be like"hey they sell for the same price with less detail so lets make more like that " :S idk i hope not i am glad though that they are trying to put out something new. just seems like the price might be a bit high. i would like it in my collection but at that price for the detail of the model im probably not going to buy it. fair price to be would be more like $49
[/quote]
I'm hoping that they see this will only work for this specific car since they are going after the fan base and not the collector base. I'm a fan of the show and a collector so I would like detail!!!!, but there are some fans that don't care so much about the detail and will buy it at this price. I agree that the $49 price point is more suitable for a non opening diecast.

Mitchell

· Banned
9,356 Posts
I already have a Ertl Authentics 67 Impala two door SS427, which is one of my favorite models, therefore I will pass on this 4 door. It is a shame as I really want to support Greenlight in their quest to do NEW moulds, but I just do not see why the hobby needed a 4 door version when clearly the 2 door version is the only one that is well known by automotive enthusiasts, I guess for people who like 4 door cars, it is cool, but being sealed kind of takes the thunder out of that part of it. Really would rather see Greenlight tackle a car like the 70 Chrysler 300 Hurst if they want to make land yaughts.

I am looking forward to getting a couple of those late 2nd Gen Camaro's provided they are opening models.

· Registered
571 Posts
@Smokeyfan: I think you're forgetting this isnt just a 4 door 1967 impala, its the Metallicar 1967 4 door impala from the TV series Supernatural. I agree that if this was just a plain 4 door with no TV association, Greenlight would have missed that target. Even though they partially did since its sealed overall they nailed the target. Now I just hope a retool with opening features is in the near future for those of use who are fans of the show and need the detail in our collections.

Mitchell

· Banned
9,356 Posts
Metallicar? um never heard of that TV show,is it still on TV, I have to ask why did they name the car after a metal band, this has my interest peaked, but not enough to watch the show or buy the model, and why does the car have to open for the fans to appreciate it? sorry to ask so many questions but I really now nothing about this show, was it on one of the big three networks?
maybe I will google it.

· Registered
571 Posts
Metallicar? um never heard of that TV show,is it still on TV, I have to ask why did they name the car after a metal band, this has my interest peaked, but not enough to watch the show or buy the model, and why does the car have to open for the fans to appreciate it? sorry to ask so many questions but I really now nothing about this show, was it on one of the big three networks?
maybe I will google it.
It is named Metallica because Dean, one of the main characters drives it and loves rock music and the band Metallica. It is more commonly known as "Baby" since it is Deans Baby and he certainly protects it like it is. :) What I meant was those who are just fans of the show don't care about the opening features but hose who are fans and collectors want the features to open to be able to really appreciate it. I believe it is on the CW.

Hope this helps ;)

Mitchell

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Hi Mitchell,

Hopefully (crosses fingers) very soon. We've got new samples heading our way. They are in Hong Kong now. Hopefully they don't get held up in all this weather chaos going on around the US. It's ten below zero here and we've got 13 inches of snow!

Have a good one,

· Registered
9,489 Posts
The past couple of days its been around -40 here with the extreme being as low as -50!!!
.... -10° ... -40° ... -50° ... 13 inches of snow

... it's nothing but a typical winter day here in Quebec city! Since early December we get about 13 inches of snow every 5-6 days ... and for the last 3 weeks we got nothing but -40° for temperature. And that Polar Vortex you guys are having is heading our way so it will only stretch that "polar cold" a little longer for us.

Sometimes I believe that if the scenario of "The day after tomorrow" movie actually happens, only the people of Quebec will survive on the planet since we are experiencing those polar conditions every year during 3-4 months with incredible amount of snow.

Winter of 2007-2008 was our record year since we got 558cm of snow ... that's 18.31ft of "white shit". Normally a typical winter is "only"
11ft of snow.

Good luck boys and hang on ... at least you can encourage and tell yourselves that it will be over in a couple of days ... us, we still have 3½ months to go !

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
The past couple of days its been around -40 here with the extreme being as low as -50!!!
.... -10° ... -40° ... -50° ... 13 inches of snow

... it's nothing but a typical winter day here in Quebec city! Since early December we get about 13 inches of snow every 5-6 days ... and for the last 3 weeks we got nothing but -40° for temperature. And that Polar Vortex you guys are having is heading our way so it will only stretch that "polar cold" a little longer for us.

Sometimes I believe that if the scenario of "The day after tomorrow" movie actually happens, only the people of Quebec will survive on the planet since we are experiencing those polar conditions every year during 3-4 months with incredible amount of snow.

Winter of 2007-2008 was our record year since we got 558cm of snow ... that's 18.31ft of "white shit". Normally a typical winter is "only"
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
11ft of snow.

Good luck boys and hang on ... at least you can encourage and tell yourselves that it will be over in a couple of days ... us, we still have 3½ months to go !

[/quote]

Wow, that's some serious snow! I've been to areas that handle it much better than here for sure. It's not the amount, that doesn't bother me. It's the lack of plows and the lack of driving ability by most the people on the roads! Good luck with the weather Jeff, spring will be here eventually.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.