DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not too sure of the rarity, but looks like the price is not a problem to one bidder. :tempted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
One would say, "IT'S A NASCAR THING"! or as any Harley Davidson Biker would say, "IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND".

Yes, it's an RCCA (limited Edition) "elite" (top detail) item, but it is in 1:24th scale (not 1:18th). Additionally, originally it only cost around $89.00 new only a couple years ago.... :confused

I guess this proves that the value of any diecast is in the eye of the beholder. Evidently, those bidding on it (die-hard Dale Sr. fans) think it's worth it.

Being a Jeff Gordon fan, I have seen some of his car's go for well over $300.00 such as his 1:18 midget racer, or the 1:24 AND 1:18 Dupont Chroma Premier cars. :WTF

Funny, I got this Peter Max car of Dale Sr. in 1:18th for only $29.00 (made by Winner's Circle). No, it doesn't have the detail of this car (the hood or trunk do not open), but it is bigger, and alows a stronger desktop display. Perhaps if I were the biggest Dale Sr. collector and I thought the whole world was wanting this exact car as much as I did, I would be bidding too!........

Us NASCAR guys are a fickle bunch! :giggle :giggle :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DRUMS01 said:
One would say, "IT'S A NASCAR THING"! or as any Harley Davidson Biker would say, "IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND".
Drums01,

I have a full understand of what your saying about it being a NASCAR and/or HD thing, same with Corvette. Some of the buyers are not neccessarily collectors first but enthusiasts first and collector second. Therefore, they gave no problem with paying the big bucks for items such as this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts