DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Since you guys like comparison between a model made by 2 brands....

....here's a match-up that we already know who will be the winner......so this one is just for fun.....
I've always thought...and I still think that Jouef made a great model with that Ferrari (their best one in my humble opinion) but it's nothing compare to new player in town....

So.....LLLLLLLLLLLLLLadies and Gentlemens........tonight, for the main event, in the left corner, wearing a red body..... born in Maranello 1961, the new challenger for the light-weight championship......the CMC Ferrari 250 GT SWB !!!!! :happy :happy :happy

And in the right corner, wearing a red body.......born in Maranello 1961, the light-weight Champion of the World......the Jouef Ferrari 250 GT SWB!!!!!! :happy :happy :happy

.......and now, Ladies and Gentlemens....

LET'S GET RRRRRRREADY TO RRRRRRRRUMBLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!

DING! - DING! - DING!

ROUND 1

ROUND 2

ROUND 3

ROUND 4

ROUND 5

ROUND 6

ROUND 7

DING! - DING! - DING!

Ladies and Gentlemens....after 7 rounds....winner by KO.....the NEW light-weight Champion of the World........

CMC FERRARI 250 GT SWB

:wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thats amazing......................
Big difference between the two ............. :confused
I mean they don't even look like the same car....... :tease
How much is the price difference?
Is kind of like,oh say Yat ming vs lane?
Thanks for sharing this and great pics by the way..........

Air

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Air, more like Yat Ming Vs 2 lanes :lol

I hate to say this but even though the Jouef is way wrong, I like the looks of it better :scared, at least the back end :giggle

The way the front is under the grille isn't too bad either :lol

G

·
I still like my Jouefs, definitely a LOT cheaper, as I picked all of mine up back when they were still being produced at $20 each.

G

·
Clearly the CMC is the better model, but the question is, How much better is it?
Granted the Jouef isn't in production, but where there's one to be found, it's invariably cheaper than the uber-expensive CMC. Maybe if I had the money I'd throw it down for the CMC, but this thread shows me that the Jouef is a decent model in its own right, and if I see one for the right price, I just might bite.

Also, I was just thinking, some extra chrome touches on the Jouef might go a long way. For instance, the window frames and the hood intake.

G

·
Wow!! CMC won it!!!!!!! Haha...we all know that. This shows how good the CMC model is...simply fantastic!! I think it even beats the previous model: maserati 250F...Now there are 2 top diecast model companies working for the ferraris lovers: CMC for older ferraris and BBR for modern ferraris. What's more can I ask for...?

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I did exactly that with my yellow Jouef and it does make a world of difference. Exterior only, sure the Jouef is a good representation of the car, but the overall details on this CMC are just mindblowing. Every time I mess with it, I find something new.

I would not hesitate to buy another CMC after purchasing this one.

G

·
Wish I had the money, but sadly such a masterpiece as this CMC is entirely out of my range.
Tifosi, can you post some pics of your modified yellow Jouef? I'd be interested to see how it came out with the extra chrome touches.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
:lol Great post! While we all know how good the CMC is, quite frankly, for being that good at such a cheap price I was impressed by the Jouf. After all, in my opinion. this is like comparing a Hot Wheels from 10 years ago to a new Exoto ( actually better than!).

Thanks for the comparison! :cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That was a fun topic to make.....

I just went nuts while typing it!!!! :lol Wasn't suppose to be a boxing match but it was fun.....

Airborn: I didn't believe it myself to see how those 2 are very different when it's suppose to be the same model!!!! The price difference is about $130...if you consider the fact that a Jouef was around $20-25 (in the early 90's).

LHD: About the wipers....I thought that was a funny fact when I took the picture.... :giggle

TifosiF1: Like I said, I've always thought...and I still think that Jouef made a great model with that Ferrari (their best one in my humble opinion) but it's nothing compare to new CMC....

......but we're comparing Kraft Dinner and caviar here. :giggle

G

·
Just noticed this comment. The wipers on the Jouef are movable, so you can place them in the "correct" position. I just dug out my old yellow one. Pics to follow with the goofy chrome trim I added. It makes a difference but not much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts