DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been here for a while and now it hit me that I haven't shown my collection yet. Well, it's not very much speaking in 1:18th terms, but there's time, no need to rush :)

Sadly I don't have anything "groundbreaking" that's really rare to see but I like to give the models the impression of a real car in the pics. So let's see if this lot does the job :)

First the one and only Bugatti Veyron (soon to have it's production brother next to it):

G

·
With the Bug coming up first, what do I need to say?
Yesssss!
Beautiful cars and great photo shoot ! :10
Love the threesome.
Outdoor shots really do the models justice. Probably the natural light.
Very cool.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Thanks guys :cheers

These pics are a bit old and the models have undergone a bit of changes since then:

Ferrari FXX, 599 GTB and F40.

The 599 now has improved headlights, "rubberising" thanks to Bugattitude :cheers bit of paint in the interior and carpet in the boot.
The F40 has also seen some "rubber" and got it's black line around it.

The FXX guess :giggle - "rubber" and bit of fiddling with the wheels to make them look a tiny bit better. I wanted to build a roll cage inside, but couldn't quite "see" it so at the moment this project is labeled "later" :giggle

a small repost:

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
T1, I notice a bit of perish on your rubber...oops ,the door seals.
Just run your pen over again and it will "restore". Like any sealer or paint you could need two or three runs. :cheers for the :cheers
Looking great ! The caliphers make a huge difference. :10

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Yup, the flash showed me that the layer is thin and I repeated it and now it's much better :) I'm just lasy to take a new pic and used the old one :storm

A few more:
Lambo Gallardo by Maisto

I modded the interior with carpet, door cards, etc.

And a HotWheels Ferrari F430

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Three new additions that came today from a fellow DX'er over seas :cheers

Ferrari F360 Modena

Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso (one of the prettiest and most elegant cars of all time for me)

Ferrari Enzo

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Thanks for showing your pics of your diecasts. Great pics. I think you also might be one of our first members from Bulgaria. :cheers It's great to have you with us.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Thanks StygianMax :cheers I'm glad to be here

Two more Ferraris:

Ferrari 512BB by Chrono

Ferrari 250 GTO by Bburago

And with smaller brother in 1/24 scale, again by Bburago:

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
A few more:

2009 Chevi Camaro Concept by JADA (bought it accidently but now I'm glad I did because it got official and it's a looker :))

Chrysler 300C Hemi by MotorMax (with added carpets by me)

BMW 745i by MotorMax (again with carpets)

I actually prefer the black one. It looks better and in the case of this model it'll hide some of it's... cheapnes, but you can't win 'em all :giggle

Edit from a few years later: Since I never got a black one, I made this one a menacing black:

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Thanks F355spiderMan :cheers

Last two 1:18 models so far (ironically the Crossfire is my first ever 1:18 model and it's a gift from colleagues, my first own bought 1:18 models are the 599 and FXX)

Chrysler Crossfire by MotorMax

This also is the first model I've ever modified. It turned out as one of the most realistically put together by the manifacturer. Each headlight is removable, the front and rear bumpers are sperate metal parts and can be changed (if one has something suitable) and so on. Being my first mod this was quite pleasing for me that it was so easy.
I added a bit of carpeting:

(It's also the "safehouse" of the Kyosho door opener tool, the strut for the F40 LW and a few other things :zoom )

I've got arround 40-50 1:24 (being that I started collecting in this scale first) but they aren't much to shout about so just a few pics of most of them together (bit of a small thumbs though - click on them for a bigger version):

There a few more mainly Ferraris and two-three new additions that aren't included in these photos.

And it all started around 10 yrs ago with this little fella':

1 - 20 of 299 Posts