DiecastXchange Forum banner
281 - 300 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Sorry to hear about your pet.
I was not too sure of the blue color or the wheels on the Maybach after looking at pics on the site of the local seller. According to a friend who has owned Mercs earlier, this is the most expensive wheel option one can get from Mercedes. Matches the ones on my Autoart CL600. Is the radiator grill right as the I thought the ones on a Maybach should have vertical bars instead of the standard Mercedes horizontal ones. Love the interiors though. Hopefully this one comes up on sale again here.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Thanks Wistconcds :)

You can get the 1:1 with this grill, too.I've seen several 1:1s with this grille and the same wheels. I gues the vertical one is an option as is the Maybach logo instead of the Mercedes logo as the flying emblem.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
We continue with another fancy Merc. This one popped up just in time for Black Friday and then quickly went away. Happily I managed to get one on the cheap. I wanted the black Pullman version, but I'm happy with the Landaulet. It does look rather nice in person and with me having closed cabinets, dust is no issue, yay.

Now the model itself is a budget one. The only reason it's more expensive than a typical budget is the sheer size of it. Still, the only more major drawback is the dogleg hinges on the front doors. And the sealed trunk.

It does seem like it's a great base for projects or just a bit of extra detailing and I think I will do a little carpeting and other tiny bits and bobs to add to it. I might also try to remove the headlight stubs although I am a bit afraid of breaking the lens and they don't really bother me all that much. We'll see.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
That Landaulet is gorgeous! I too would prefer Pullman but this is awesome and very appropriate in white. Some detailing definitely helps but my biggest bug bear of this Sunstar model is the headlights. I was close of getting a pair of unboxed black Pullman and Landaulet a while back on eBay and was planning on fixing the headlights but they went to someone else who willing to pay a lot more.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
I've seen pics of several collectors removing the stubs in the headlights and it's apparently quite easy and solves the issue in a pinch. As long as you have a sharp enough blade, lol.

It's also surprisingly long. I had to get creative in finding space for it in my cabinet along with the DS Centipede, lol.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
Phew, so dusty here again...

Some new stuff added:

1:18 Norev 2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Black Series magma beam

https://www.diecastxchange.com/threads/1-18-norev-2020-mercedes-benz-amg-gt-black-series-magma-beam.233536/

and the 1:18 Maisto Lamborghini V12 Vision GT

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Totally didn't know about this model being in the works until I randomly saw it while searching for something completely different. So, of course I had to get it. It's a 1:32 (thankfully), but it's still 55 cm long. I did make a couple of mistakes building it, sadly I saw it when it's all glued up, but I can live with it. Kudos to Rammstein for taking care of their model collector fans :D

For someone who has complained for years that I have no room, I sure keep finding it :D Now up to 5 1:18 trucks, 2 1:18 vans and a 1:32 semi... :D

Thankfully, I got a new showcase for three models, so that helps :D

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
After a very slow first half of the year, I am back on form with new arrivals, mostly because there are some great discounts these days. Like this Bburago GT-R that I got for -30% off its price. It's quite the old model now, but still among the better Bburagos. And it would be a great model for customs and mods if you're skilled for that... for some reason I am regressing in that area, lol. Already added side windows to it which also improves the look, but it's dark so no pics of that.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The GTR doesnt look all that bad to be honest definitely have room for improvement but i reckon it displays well. I am bit surprised to see that it is missing brake calipers though. I thought that has already becomes standard on Bburagos when GT-R came out.. (mid to late 2000?)

In any case it definitely is way better than the 1/24 Maisto i had long ago. Both 1/24 Maisto GT-R and 370Z came with painted rear lights WTF! That is such dumb cost cutting decision. I also almost bought a discounted GT-R by Jada long ago but I didn't at the end. Read that the Jada one was over-scaled?

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
I almost bought an F&F GT-R with lights and everything, but in the end I thought this is cheaper, similar quality so.. I do agree that the lack of calipers took me by surprise, but I can live with it or eventually add some.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
I am so backed up here... several additions need to be added. Like this 1992 Ford Bronco NYPD spec by Greenlight. It is a decent model, although the plastic back cover could have been mate to attach a bit better to the car. As it is it's just placed on it and will fall of if you touch it.

Ready for the K9 unit:

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
Yikes, 6 months worth of silence. Time to try and add a bit more pics. Like the Norev Mercedes V-Class. Overall a very decent model, especially for the price. It would have been great if everything opens, but at least we have the doors, one of the sliding doors and the upper half of the back. The interior is also nice, there are some nice details inside, too. It seems like a great model for custom interior jobs for the skilled modders among us which I am not so it will remain stock :D

Reactions: will1066

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
To be honest, 80% of the reasons why I got it was the door, lol (The other 20% is that I like the look of the thing). Even if I also have the Sprinter and its sliding door is even better, much smoother. This one is a bit too tight and held by 2 magnets so it needs to hands to be opened, lol. One magnet would have been enough, but Norev decided to make sure I guess. Or maybe just my example is a bit on the tight side, lol.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
Most definitely. From what I've seen, there were other Sambas in the years prior in different colors which were with the same features, but more expensive. I don't know if they cut some corners with this one or maybe simply produced more, but it's definitely a must-have just for the features alone. Not to mention it's the definition of "cute" for the automotive word :D

281 - 300 of 300 Posts