DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This link has some really good info. Although it doesn't talk specifically about diecast photography, there's a lot of ideas that can still be helpful about lighting, object placement, photo composition, etc.

(credit: yamix gave me the tip to this link :nicejob :nicejob )

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you use the Reveal bulbs for you photos? I seem to recall you having mentioned that model a while back.

I see from their lighting link there's this Trumpet Top 5000K bulb that casts out 1700 lumens. That looks like something worth trying out.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Do you find it made a big difference? Is the light cast more evenly that 'regular' bulbs (without factoring in the light tent). What sort of store did you buy your T.Top from?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
These bulbs make a huge difference for me. Their 'temperature' is close to daylight (noon) and using them makes for consistent lighting from shot to shot. If you are using Photoshop you will be doing white balance corrections no matter what bulbs you use. If you aren't using Photoshop, then these bulbs are the closest to shooting outside compared to using halogen or tungsten lighting, and if you have your camera white balance setting on outdoors then you should get a good result. As far as light 'cast' is concerned, in my humble opinion that is not a function of the bulb but of whatever diffuser you are using. Finally, I purchased my bulbs online. The store that sold them to me is no longer selling them, but the one in the above-referenced link is and I have purchased from them before so they would be a good source if you were to ask me. :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your insights Dr. Jeff. :cheers I'll see if I can find that bulb locally so I don't have to worry about it getting abused by the posties.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.