DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Brother worked at the Testors Corp for many years and gave me a kit that he said was one of the 1st produced before the packaging was ready. Has been in storage for many years and it is in a plain white box taped up. I cut the tape off to see inside and it is a Red Ferrari. Would any have any more info about this might be?

Hood Automotive design Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Grey Triangle Tints and shades Rectangle Wood

·
Administrator
7,087 Posts
the fastest way to find out would be to open the box..
if you still cant tell what model it is, and need help identify what car it is, get some good photos that shows stuff and upload them. dont use covered up mystery photos if you want help from others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a metal red Ferrari Testarossa from the Testors factory in Rockford IL. I didn't want to open the box if it would affect the value. There are no instructions or documentation, but the decal sheet is there.
If this might be like a prototype or early build that was sent to Testors from Pocher before Testors had the paperwork and box printing done. Any ideas what this could be worth? It is very large and heavy. 1/8 scale I believe.

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

·
Administrator
7,087 Posts
opening the box wont change its worth really, it's is the condition and having all parts that matters the most.
these kits arent really worth that much. i have two, bought both for about 130€. take a look on ebay and see what they go for there.

·
Registered
180 Posts
When I was young, i asked my boss how much to sell stuff, he would always answer "how bad your customer wants it ?" 😅. I believe this kit is not worth a huge lot for most people. Or on the contrary, might have a crazy value for some hardcore Pocher fan that was searching the internet the last 10 year for this special "blank factory package" :LOL: Now this Pocher fan and you, need to find each other and meet, and that is the most difficult part. Maybe post it in some Pocher specialized topic or forum ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts