1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've been considering one of these for a while now... looked at ezcube and all the brand name ones but a bit pricey.
Anyone have any good experiences with any of the hundreds of these up on Ebay? Any sellers to definitely avoid?
From the popup ones on Ebay what size do you find ideal for 1:18 scale? 1:12 scale?

:feedback

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Definitely worth getting if you're keen to improve your pictures. They make a world of difference by diffusing the light nicely across the whole model.

Noddy, mine came from ebay and has had a fair amount of use, but still in reasonably good shape. It depends what you think of as pricey, but I don't think I paid more than £25 (without any sort of lighting of course).

As for size, I think mine is a 60cm cube, and that is as tight as you could get for a 1:18 model - I find I have to be very careful not to start getting bits of the light tent in the corners of the photos. So I would recommend no smaller than that, and bigger still for 1:12 or any group shots :cheers

·
Registered
764 Posts
Think I've found it - a kit with a 24" (60cm) tent with zippered slit front and top covers, 4 backgrounds, 2 lights on tripods, and 2 200W bulbs for US$95 shipped. More than I wanted to spend but complete and don't have to pay shipping from different vendors or try to source anything locally.
Ebay seller has 716 100% feedback all for this type of item so I'm guessing he's ok.
If you want to check it out it's Ebay item 170076236297 but please note that I have absolutely no connection to this seller and no commercial interest in posting a link to his auction!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Have you met my cousin? :giggle

Seriously, you could of course get a largish cardboard box, cut away the sides and cover the holes with 'tissue' or 'greaseproof' paper. That would achieve a similar 'soft' lighting effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.