DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Haven't posted here for awhile, but that doesn't mean I have stopped modding!! I actually did another mod earlier, however, its a vintage racer; so I thought you guys might not be interested. Anyway, I am going to give it a shot at this one. My project this time is to convert the MotorMax Pagani Zonda C12 into the new Zonda F.

At a glance, they look pretty much the same which would make one think that it is quite an easy mod. But there are actually alot of differences in the details which makes the task extremely tough! :dizzy :dizzy

I don't even know if its going to turn out well, and I shall find out in a week or so :scared

Anyway, I am going to try and keep updating this thread with progress pics. For now, I will give you guys a little preview :eek:k

Here is what the model looks like now...

And heres the real Zonda F :cheers

Finally, a little PS work to give you a vague idea...

What do you guys think? The rims look good enough? :feedback

If this project turns out well, I will consider having it as an entry to the MMoY :cheers

Stay tuned! :hope

·
Banned
595 Posts
First of all, i really wanted to do this project but haven't been in the mood lately :giggle It's quiet an interesting project that i too hope to accomplish in the fututre. Just one note on the wheels...the rims you hope to get are much bigger. The tires would have a much lower profile. However, if you buy the 1/24 sclae rims from that set, it will probably look much better. Just my honest opinion. Hope that once you finish your project, i can use it as inspiration to complete my own :giggle

Take care and good luck,

Opel :cheers :hope

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Just to clarify, the only PS i did on this photo is the black(carbon fibre) parts on the car. The rims are no PS work! And you are right Opel, those are indeed 1/24 rims :giggle

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I think the rims you found resembles the actual rims very well. Good find!

Does the Zonda D interior look any better than the normal Zonda interior? The interior of the normal Zonda is about the only thing I dislike about the otherwise awesome supercar.

I hope your mod goes well. I have been cooking up ideas in my head lately for new projects.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks matt :cheers

I think the interiors are almost the same! The only difference I could spot is the steering wheel! I am sure theres more, just that I am not a huge zonda fan, so I dont know as much

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jeff, Marc and roadstermatt for the kind words! :cheers

OK, I am finally fully committed to this project... and heres the first progress....

I have opened the holes on the sides of the exhausts, but need to trim it a bit more as you can see from the real car. I also opened up the tailights area to refit the updated lights :cheers

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'll definitely be taking a keen interest in this project of yours, ApeGen. I know blind faith is usually a bad thing but I'm certain you'll do a great job with this model - it's not as if any of your previous efforts have been bad! :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really looking forward to seeing the results of this project, ApeGen. You do some of the best work for sure. It's a shame MotorMax is the only one that makes any Zonda model at all. Where are Kyosho, MiniChamps and AutoArt when you need them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the kind and encouraging comments guys!! :cheers

Sorry for the slow update; partly because of the long weekend and also its almost the end of summer school, so I had no time at all for the mod with the crazy workload! :help

But I should have another update in the coming days, so stay tuned! :eek:k

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally, a comparison of before and after...

notice I added a new ring at the center of the steering wheel to make it more realistic :giggle

What do you guys think about the new interior color? :feedback

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beautiful work, ApeGen.

Are you planning on moving the side mirrors off the A-pillar and onto the front fenders?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys! :cheers
I am glad you all liked the new interior color :giggle

Nojo: Yes, I am planning to move the mirrors. You can see from one of the pics that the mirrors are already gone from the pilars :wink

3rd update on its way very soon! :waiting

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.