DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
In my never-ending-quest to find figures in 1/18, I came across these Elvis ornaments at WM. They were $5.95 and scale to 6-feet in 1/18 scale (without the base) I think that hey have 8 different ones from all stages of his career, even one in an Army uniform and like the stamps, there are some with the "fat" Elvis.

I only bought this one but plan to buy all of them. I might wait until the after Christmas sale. I am not a big fan of his, but I do have to admit that they will display nicely with cars. I did not see one with racing coverall from "Viva Las Vegas" but if they had it, I would had bought them all. :giggle as it would be a perfect fit with a couple of diecast.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well this is a Diecast forum, so here is a Maisto '59 Cadillac that I just picked up in a new color.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Fantabulous set Al. I am a Elvis fan and i would surely like to get hold of one of these little elvis figurines myself.
Al, is this a new mould for the cadillac? I have seen this color before. I want this one desperately, but its on hold cause of maisto's poor effort. Is there any improvement on this one.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Unfortunately, this is the same old cast with not many improvements. Actually the only one that I can find is the air cleaner has a painted seal on it. I have seen a highly detailed one that a member from a kit club had done and displayed at a hobby shop, so there is some potential there. It looked amaizing, but I did not take any pics. I bought it cheap at OfficeMax ($14.95) with the intention of some day taking it appart and maybe do a resto-mod with it.

I think that a little black-washing of the front and rear grill and interior, plus some engine detail will make a great improvement.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
That is great! I would buy all of them! It's the kind of stuff I wouldn't have an immediate use for, but it's that kind of good-to-have-just-in-case item. :happy

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Elvis looks kind of "stiff' doesn't he? :giggle

I really like the Blue Caddy, I really wish it was a true 1:18 :cry

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Those figures sound great! Now all we need is some ABBA figures in 1:18th for Ken and Luciano and we could have a great 1:18th concert!!! :giggle

I always thought I looked a bit like the King in his "fat" days, (if I got into a jumpsuit that is!) so I wouldn't mind some figures showing him in his twilight years!!! :cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.