DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have the most expensive AutoArt and the most expensive Minichamps thread, but I couldn't find one for the most expensive Kyosho.

So I'll start this one, with a couple that sold today on eBay (postage not included).

1) BMW E89 Z4 (in dealer box), the one with the working roof. € 371.00

The price this usually goes for is the reason why I haven't got one yet, but this one sold today actually crushed all my hopes of ever adding one, if it keep going up like this.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

2) Mini Cooper S, JCW edition. € 254.00
1:18 BMW Collection Mini Cooper C John Cooper Works / LA 170 | eBay

Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

3) BMW E46 M3 "Street",
€ 270.00
1:18 KYOSHO No.08507Y BMW M3 GTR yellow / LA 151 | eBay

Kyosho went a bit too far with the front bumper, protruding a bit too much compared to the 1:1. Also, not the best color for that particular car, and I'm not sure if the wheels are a match for it either, look more like the CSL wheels to me.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Anyone's welcome to post any Kyosho, sold for big bucks - or any who should've sold well but didn't! ;)

(y)

· Registered
3,955 Posts
I will have to find one, but the Kyosho 1962 Ferrrari goes for big bucks sometimes.
oh yea those 250GTO hi end or not tend to go for big bucks. The demands for a proper 250GTO is constantly high…

going slightly off topic here see how much this guy wants for his black CMC GTOo_O

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Hood

· Registered
170 Posts
1) BMW E89 Z4 (in dealer box), the one with the working roof. € 371.00

The price this usually goes for is the reason why I haven't got one yet, but this one sold today actually crushed all my hopes of ever adding one, if it keep going up like this.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
OMG....€ 371.00!!!!!!! Thank god I got one at right time. I saw one Autoart Alfa Romeo Stradale listed at nearly $ 900 or so. I do not know if it's fair price or just the sellers imagination. Besides many other Autoarts, Kyoshos, Minichamps are listed at insane price.

· Registered
3,955 Posts
OMG....€ 371.00!!!!!!! Thank god I got one at right time. I saw one Autoart Alfa Romeo Stradale listed at nearly $ 900 or so. I do not know if it's fair price or just the sellers imagination. Besides many other Autoarts, Kyoshos, Minichamps are listed at insane price.
OMG! I just realised that i actually have that model (but it is in silver and hobby edition) for some reasons I kept thinking that was the Z8 so didnt pay too much attention. Maybe I am the odd one but somehow I like the Z3 more than the later Z4 E85 and E89. Somehow I find their design to be too conforming to the rest of BMW lineup (probably being part of the same design language) and the Z3 is always the oddball looking one. I guess that means I actually have 3 models with working foldable roof now :LOL:

I wonder how much does those old diecast Kyosho Ferraris are going for now... to my surprise some of the older stuff like the Daytona and BBs can still be had for under $200... The F355 Hi-end and the Testarossa/512TR appeared to be fetching mega bucks couple years ago if i remember correctly. I imagine the white Testorossa with high mount side mirror must be a rare unicorn (being a Miami Vice movie car and all) and would be fetching a lot of $$

I sold my black F40 Lightweight for about AUD$270 couple years ago before the pandemic hits. I wonder if it went for a lot more during those lockdown days when everyone was stuck at home.

· Administrator
35,254 Posts
I have the Dealer Edition Space Grey BMW Z4 with the working roof. It took me ages to get one years ago but it was worth it!

Reactions: cwbs

· Registered
29 Posts
I agree the hobby is getting out of hand, at least for some of the more desirable brands. I have a Kyosho Dino 246GT that I will eventually have to let go, but was shocked to see them hovering round the $500 US mark. Shocking, but shouldn't have been surprising, because when I let go a couple of my Austin Healey a few years back, they all brought in the $300-$350 range. To me that was a bad sign on what to expect from future prices.

· Registered
3,955 Posts
I agree the hobby is getting out of hand, at least for some of the more desirable brands. I have a Kyosho Dino 246GT that I will eventually have to let go, but was shocked to see them hovering round the $500 US mark. Shocking, but shouldn't have been surprising, because when I let go a couple of my Austin Healey a few years back, they all brought in the $300-$350 range. To me that was a bad sign on what to expect from future prices.
Is that the resin version from Kyosho? I was watching one on eBay AU a while back and that one sold for AUD$280. I am still happy with my red HWE version and not planning to upgrade it unless there is a high end version of the 246GTS.

Someone gambled away their kid's college fund and needs to relax with the devil's dandruff :ROFLMAO:
i guess at this rate (and the ever increasing cost of living) i think only childless bachelors (or bachelorettes) can afford these luxury toys soon :LOL:

· Registered
345 Posts
I regret not knowing about that Z4 before now because that's a model I would have ordered instantly at a more reasonable price. Ditto the Mini Cooper! Price hikes like these, for whatever reason, are the reason I'm so glad that I was able to procure all my current models when I did, before they're out of reach. It's kind of fun sometimes to see what they're fetching these days!

I believe I mentioned this on a different thread, but the AA 1997 Mercedes-Benz SL 600 Convertible that I bought new for $120USD back in 2009 or '10 (est?) was going for $1,700.00 on eBay last I checked. Not letting that one go either!

· Registered
116 Posts
Can I have question, I can buy here in BMW 7 series diplomatic edition brand new for aroud 250 euro? Is this good price?

It looks like BMW 7 series from year 2009 imade by Kyoeho in whats looks like bulletproof box.

I found only photos on german ebay https://www.ricardo.ch/de/a/bmw-750-li-f02-1-18-1140036614/

Does it have any value for that price? Its never opened, I mean model was never taken out from "bulletproof" box so there can be some quality control, nobody knows.

· Registered
226 Posts
That looks very similar to the 750Li dealer edition which is still in stock at a few BMW parts shops. I paid $87usd (80 euro) shipping included for mine brand new last November. Only differences that are obvious from the photos are wheels and display box. Are there any other differences? I don't know that different wheels and display box makes it worth 3x more. I know to some people, tiny differences are worth a lot, but to me it wouldn't be.

· Registered
116 Posts
That looks very similar to the 750Li dealer edition which is still in stock at a few BMW parts shops. I paid $87usd (80 euro) shipping included for mine brand new last November. Only differences that are obvious from the photos are wheels and display box. Are there any other differences? I don't know that different wheels and display box makes it worth 3x more. I know to some people, tiny differences are worth a lot, but to me it wouldn't be.
I dont know what makes this car diplomatic by any means. Never heard of it, so Im baffled . Different interior, thicker windows?

Im definitely not paying just for box...

· Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
That's just a regular Kyosho F02 7 series in a fancy display box. I wouldn't pay more than €100 for it, especially considering it's probably rid with paint rash.

One was sold back in December on eBay DE for €125 : 1:18 BMW 750 Li F02 Diplomatic 7 Series Imperial blaumetallic Dealer OVP 7er | eBay

They come and go on eBay, just keep a broad, generic search for any 1:18 bmw 7 series, like this: eBay search - any 1:18 7 series BMW

Edit: btw that one on the link you posted, that's for 79 Swiss Francs, which is the same amount in Euros. I think Switzerland is not in the EU, so you'd have to pay import taxes on that, but still it would come cheaper than €250.00 in the end. I'm not sure about that platform though, Ricardo.ch, never heard of it...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts