DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,789 Posts
I anticipated this when adding the thread. :unsure:
I wrote in the header that asking price be included as a source of a laugh at the neck of some sellers.
We can all use some humour to brighten up our day..... :giggle:
Fair enough, I guess I read past the title a bit too quickly, and missed the word "offered". :oops: :giggle:(y)

Still, there's that thread in the "Limp Bucket" area, where I thought the insane asking prices should go.

· Registered
3,949 Posts
5) '69 Maserati Ghibli Coupe, went for a good sum I think, € 323.00
1:18 PMA / MINICHAMPS Maserati Ghibli 1969 / LA 228 | eBay

Woah my patience has paid off! 😁 I have this one for over 10 years and this is one of those situations where i can proudly tell my wife and kids that my silly hobby is paying off (and not losing money for once) assuming I am willing to sell.

Think I bought mine for mere 60 bucks from a local hobby shop. They sold it at a discount because the box had shown some shelf wear.

· Registered
2,789 Posts
Not sure exactly how much the classic 911 G series Porsche Carrera are going for nowadays… was checking up on my stored boxes earlier and came across this price tag
the good old day indeed. and that was before the 19% VAT reduction and further 10% member discount!
That price sticker needs to be preserved for posterity! :D

Funny that number just above the price, was that intended as some kind of prophetic clue as to the future prices? :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
3,949 Posts
That price sticker needs to be preserved for posterity! :D

Funny that number just above the price, was that intended as some kind of prophetic clue as to the future prices? :ROFLMAO:
Haha I intend to keep the price tag so long i have the model. Might want to consider removing it if i decide to sell it one day LOL. In fact I bought a used Audi Quattro that still has the price tag attached to the undercarriage and it is in Indonesian Rupiah. No idea what the exchange rate was at the time but i am keeping it since it isnt on the paint surface.

You are right about the number on top of the price, I am sure i've seen people asking for $300++ for these old Minichamps beauties recently. If i remember correctly I bought this back in 2012. In hindsight, I should have bought the red cabrio in the same order as well as those were heavily discounted at the time too.

· Registered
3,853 Posts
Not in collecting contemporary F1 models I was really surprised when I recently noticed what currently is being asked for some RB models by Minichamps - especially Max‘s cars:
800€ seems quite a lot of money for such a model with no openings or engine.
Maybe hardcore Verstappen fans are driving those elevated price levels?
I don’t claim to understand the mechanics of this market.

BTW: It’s not only about high quotes by sellers - these models actually achieve SOLD prices at these levels:

· Registered
2,789 Posts
I find that really bafling because these more recent Minichamps F1 models are so dull and featureless.

Not to mention the F1 cars since the mid 90's all look to me like a long stick with wheels on both ends.

Still, I understand it's about what the model represents rather than what it is... but it's just the feeling you're not getting your money's worth these days.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts