DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here's my girlfriend's present. I am still really delighted by it, such a nice little car and it came iin such a nice way :happy

This particular car raced in the 1000Km Bounes Aires in 1958 race. About its race history... I dont really know a lot else. So if someone has any information on this particular car, please post, it will do me great help.

I tried to take some good pictures today but the weather is strangely cloudy :confused

So they are the best, anyway here it is!

Some pics with the other 550A spyder by Maisto, the street version in black (very nice) I am so thrilled to see that these cars have some difference in the bodywork aswell... great detailing by Maisto for such a low price tag!

Most of the differences are on the backside of the cars,

The racer has added vents on the sides, the large aerodynamical attachment on the rear engine cover and it looks that the rear bodywork on the race car is slanting at a higher angle (as it should be :happy)

:yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo

A great MWAA goes to my gf!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great photos Burn. I have exactly the same two models. They're great, aren't they? And very affordable also. I enjoy these two $12 models just as much as the $80 Autoarts. Now that's a great value and what makes this collecting fun. :cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:iagree :iagree :iagree

I completely agree that I get the same charge out of a well done model from either high or low end companies.

I think sometimes I even am happier with a car like this as it is an extra treat in this price range. $100+ cars are supposed to be fantastic.

Bernard I know this thread is about #48 but that black one is a stunner! :nicejob

I have chased that one for quite a while without catching one.

Both are great P cars to have in the collection! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one, Bernard! :cheers

*Everytime I see a 550, I can't help but to think about James Dean*.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:iagree

Maisto really did a fantastic job on these cars, there are only two downfalls, the not excavated exhaust and large dog legs, but at this price tag, I am really pleased with them. Great value for money.

I hope Maisto will produce another couple of small old Porsche racers, these ones look superb!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jeff! I think this #48 car makes 31 identical models in our collections! :giggle Does it?

I had a choice between the silver and black and I must say that the black really looks better in my opinion. The silver is still very nice though!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Congrats Bernard. This is one Porsche I want very dearly. I think I can add your name to the 'Blame List' now. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great car! I've hunted that one down and can't find it anywhere yet. I refuse to get one on Ebay b/c shipping will kill the value.

The dog legs are there to stay, but the exhaust tips could be drilled out with a small bit or just painted flat black.

About the car/race: This car piloted by Stirling Moss and Jean Behra, came 3rd behind a pair of Ferrari 250 TR58's (Collins/P.Hill and von Trips/Gendebien/Musso). Even though 3rd, they were 1st in the Sports 2000 class and only 4 minutes behind.

See here:

http://www.teamdan.com/archive/wsc/1958/58ba.html

I too immediately think of JD when seeing this car.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Wow, didn't know the two were different from one another. Nice to see Maisto using different molds. That adds a lot of value to the two.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes its very cool to se some differences. The two cars have some mold, it is the engine cover that is completely different. Still, I think its accurate!

Will you add me to your blame list aswell? :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! I will probably paint the tips black, it will greatly help the overall model.

and BTW, thank you very much for that link! Now I know that it is a class winner! :giggle as my theme says... Class Winner racing Porsches so this one totlally fits!! :happy

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
:lol
Sorry, but that car is on my wish list for a looong time, but it always get pushed down by some other model. Your name will be on the list whenever I get a /30 or even maybe a /10. :wink

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What a nice little new Porsche !! You really are lucky to have such a girlfriend !!

Congrats buddy !! :cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts