DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
HI Ben.

Love the model! I have modified two of these, one for my younger brother and one for me. The picts below are my brothers one. I put Porsche Carrera GT wheels on it, modified the rear suspension to fir the wheels in, and installed a Maisto Viper V10 engine in it. My one has the original wheels (soon to change!) and a Bburago Viper V10 engine. Seriously, you need to put in a BIGGER engine!

:cheers

Peter

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
HuuuuuuRG!!!! :tongue

A "Street Fighter" Cuda !!!!! Coooooooooool!!! Awesome!! :cheers

Please GMP....make a SF Cuda!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work Ben , it looks great.

Thats how I like to see a muscle car , low with its arches stuffed full of rubber . :10

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!!! i really enjoyed this custom

I had to trim a bit of plastic from the wheel arch area on the front of the car, but no major work to the bac, just a bit off the diff...

The wheels were from a Jada Import Tunerz Nissan 240sx... It came with 2 sets of wheels. I used the brakes off the Nissan as well... Not shown in these pics are the brake calipers... It desperately needed the calipers to finish the model off... When Im taking pics again I will get some shots.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ive been looking for a different engine to put in it and think i might have found 1 that will look ok... I think its a Dodge Hemi engine out of my box of odds and ends... didnt know I had it...

Might have to cut a hole in the bonnet but... Its got a supercharger attached to it atm.

Do you think it will look ok? Might give it a go with the bonnet off before committing to it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Impressive work, Ben

That particular model always struck me as needing "something" to make it shine, and you hit a home run with the wheels.

I have the same model and will look into making the wheel swap. Man, that sure makes a BIG difference.

Now in regard to performance, Peter has the right idea. Put the HUGE engine in!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
decided to use the standard motor as a base and modify that... Im in the middle of joining 2 superchargers together to get the correct length so that the supercharger sits nicely on the motor.

Ive left the original drive belts on the motor and put the supercharger drive system on in front of it. I have to make a small snout so that the drive belts will line back up to the supercharger.

I will post some pics when Im next working on the models.

What colour or colours should I paint the engine?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok Ive fitted the supercharger to the motor and painted the motor in metallic blue to sort of match the rest of the car. The rocker covers are black.

I bought a 1.24 Muscle Machines car for the supercharger as trying to join 2 smaller ones was unsuccessful.

Heres a few pics of the engine being done up and the whole lot in the car...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.