DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
I just got my UT box from the same vendor who I bought my UT McLaren LM XP1 from. The fellow is from the UK and very good to deal with. For laughs, I thought I'd put my car back in the box to see how it looks. The box is actually really nice looking and in great condition. Not that I ever desire to sell my car but it's nice to know that if I need to, I'd probably get a couple more dollars for the car + box together. (Look at the original price too)









GTR?? :confused
 
G

·
I think it looks great with the box! :nicejob :cheers

You have a lovely family also. :cheers Too bad we only get to see your neck... :lol
 
G

·
I never thought I would see a box that I would consider great looking. But that blue really works with that car.

G3, has eyes like a hawk :lol
 
G

·
I cant believe that Mac was only 19.99 :lol

I used to have a Beatties store about 10 miles from where I live and have bought 1 or 2 cars from them . Unfortunately they went bankrupt a few years ago , so no longer exist. The shop is still selling diecasts , just under a different company .

Looks good in the early blue UT box.........I still cant believe you outbid me on it by only a quid though.... :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DiecastX said:
I never thought I would see a box that I would consider great looking. But that blue really works with that car.

G3, has eyes like a hawk :lol
I agree, that papaya orange and the blue really complement one another. That one of the factors that sort of pushed me over the edge. There isn't any other car for which I would buy the matching box. :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
angelrott_V6 said:
I cant believe that Mac was only 19.99 :lol

I used to have a Beatties store about 10 miles from where I live and have bought 1 or 2 cars from them . Unfortunately they went bankrupt a few years ago , so no longer exist. The shop is still selling diecasts , just under a different company .

Looks good in the early blue UT box.........I still cant believe you outbid me on it by only a quid though.... :lol
Imagine if you had the foresight to buy ten of those F1 LMs while they were selling for 19.99. You could do quite well selling them 10 years later.

I'm quite glad I had no idea it was you I was bidding against on eBay. And if I were to have been outbid on that car, I would have wanted it to be to you Gary. Are you in the hunt for one of those still?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
McLaren F1 Guy said:
Holy CRAP! Look at that price! I'll take it! :giggle Great pics :nicejob I love the first one and the 4th one.
:lol :lol Who ever would have thought the 19.99 was a good price eh? Thanks for the compliments on the pictures. They were sort of "quick and dirty" shots. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,432 Posts
StygianMax said:
Imagine if you had the foresight to buy ten of those F1 LMs while they were selling for 19.99. You could do quite well selling them 10 years later.
If I could turn on the way back machine there are a couple of FM/DM cars that I would buy that now sell in the $1500 range.
Pretty nice profit on 10-12 year old $90 investments :nicejob

Congrats onthe box too Felix.
It is a very pretty looking picture all boxed up :cheers
 
G

·
StygianMax said:
RichardM said:
The car is nice Felix, but that box rocks!!! :drool

:lol
Thanks Richard. Truthfully, it looks much better in person. :cheers
***Hmmm...giant opening alert! Should he go for it? Nah, too easy. OTOH...***

Felix, why don't you send it to me and I'll see for myself. :giggle

***Ah, he caved. Yes, he's weak.***
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RichardM said:
StygianMax said:
RichardM said:
The car is nice Felix, but that box rocks!!! :drool

:lol
Thanks Richard. Truthfully, it looks much better in person. :cheers
***Hmmm...giant opening alert! Should he go for it? Nah, too easy. OTOH...***

Felix, why don't you send it to me and I'll see for myself. :giggle

***Ah, he caved. Yes, he's weak.***
Dang... I really set myself up for that didn't I??
:lol
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top