DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is with this whole hotwheels Elite thing?

Are they serious about joining the diecast competition? If they want to be taken seriosly they will have to be even as the rest of the compaines. They cannot release a $370 Enzo just to be on qualtiy par with $60 Kyosho's and AUTOart's.

Is their anything that justifies their really high price? I'd much rather spend $370 on a top notch Exoto that comes with a spare rolling chasis which that itself is 300 more times detailed then a FXX, then some cheap (very expensive) Hot Wheels thats half made of plastic.

What are your thoughts on Hot Wheels's actions towards the whole elite thing?

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I don't know anything about the Elite Enzo or FXX (don't like the look of them, so I've ignored 'em), but $370? I thought the Elites were selling in the $50 - $60 range...

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
If it costs 370$, it better come with some of the exotic materials that the 1:1 comes in. Carbon fibre and titanium bits for a start.

G

·
The 370 you reference isn't US Dollars. The FXX is selling for $50-60 depending on where your shopping - some places even lower.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It may not be impossible for the Hot Wheels to produce a stunning model for $350 that's on par with CMC and BBR. I'd have to see the model itself before I make a judgment. If the model justifies $350, who cares who makes it?

·
Registered
126 Posts
They may be introducing this "Super Elite" but they'll also have the "Elite" version and the "toy" version of the same car so there's something for everyone (budget).

No one says you have to buy all the versions, it's a la carte.

I rather have a choice then be stuff with only the toy version.

G

·
I believe there is some confusion relating to that post - I do not think there is going to be a version superior to that of the Elite Version series.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And it's a limited addition to only 2006 pieces if Im reading that correctly. You would think it would be limited to 500 pieces at that price.

G

·
Your adding more confusion - :dizzy

That is the Elite Series.

Please confirm where you see that this is a Super Elite Series :feedback

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Ok - :eek:k

The model they have on their website looks to me like the Elite Series FXX - I'm almost certain of it.

As for the post you reference, I saw that. He pointed to the same source you provided. And no where does it state anything about a Super Elite Series.

G

·
I was told that at the end of the planned run of the regular elite line, there will be 4 cars comissioned by Ferrari, at the top level of detail, and will compare to or exceed the best in the industry.

They are supposed to be closer to the real cars in detail and build material than anything we have seen, and be very limited(possibly 495 of each car).

Say what you will about Mattel, but if they decide to get into the game of high end diecast, everyone else will be going for second place.

With their talent and resources they will bring it to a whole new level.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I never thought i'd see the day when someone would pay over $300 for a mattel. :lol I know that i will stick with the regular elite version. What could mattel possibly do to make it worth that much money.

cheers, :cheers
BMWM3

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Then you must be new to diecast collecting, because collectors have been paying 3 and 4 figures for certain Hot Wheels for years :lol

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.