DiecastXchange Forum banner

The X-Clinic: Ferrari GTO (twin ladies on the table) - FINISHED!

10481 Views 58 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  X-Filer
Finally it's time these two of the most beautiful italian ladies of all time to enter this humble clinic for a well-deserved intervention which, I hope, will bring some well deserved dignity back. This is what I'll be starting from:

This is the general idea of what I intend to do to these ladies:

- New paintjob that includes removal of the gap between the roof panel andthe rest of the bodywork, and deletion of the attachment points of the rear and engine bonnet logos ;
- Inclusion of new photoetched logos at the rear, bonnet and flanks (where the old plastic ones were removed);
- Painting the interior matt black with red trim (including dashboard);
- Flocking all over the passenger compartment;
- Add 2 Tremonia kits which include window frames, bonnet and rear grilles, windscreen wipers, centre console elements, photoetched pedals and key, and fabric seatbelts;
- Swap the original wheels and tires by larger ones donated by two Bburago F40s and respray them;
- Detaiing the "luggage compartment" including spare wheel and respective fastening strap
- Complete engine detail which includes painting the block in aluminium, valve covers and intake manifolds in red and exhaust pipes in dark gray, as well as inclusion of all necessary hosing and wiring;
- Detail the brake discs to mimic the metallic finish of theoriginal steel vented discs and include brake calipers;
- Complete chassis detail including fuel and braking lines, suspensions, fuel tanks, etc.;
- And everything else that shows up along the way!

The other lady is, at the moment, just a "144 GTO" since its bodywork is waiting for more capable hands than mine to work their magic like mine already did. Other than that, it's all stripped and clean and ready to get (my hands) dirty:

The engine is the element which will take most of the work:

The new "shoes":

The above mentioned Tremonia kits:

My lady's bodywork had already been sent for a professional painter, who removed the gaps on the roof panel and the fixation points on the plastic logos all around.He also painted the inner side matt black, as the A andB pillars, door trim and side pinstriping:

The new side indicators are in place (from Légende):

The rear bonnet "Ferrari" lettering is in place:

The bonnet handles and locks were painted matt black:

Currently I laid the engine and spare wheels dipped on bleach in order to remove the chrome work and then I'll start by cleaning the mould lines off the plastic parts before I start spraying away. More news soon.
See less See more
1 - 2 of 59 Posts
The GTO is by far one of my favorite Ferrari's ever so I'm really looking forward to seeing your awesome rework! That repaint alone makes it look already so much better!
See less See more
Wowsers, that is genuinely some outstanding work! Wouldn't mind having that in my collection right now! Well done
See less See more
1 - 2 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.