Darn... now I've noticed I've been over 2 months since I made no updates! This kind of interventions is always painfully slow for me and they often get paused by another project I decide to undertake while others are still unfinished and this was no exception for I decided to give a quick touch-up on my Jada Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept. I don't know how's with you guys but I often "loose steam" in th e middle of my projects, as if I found still so many things to do that I loose my nerve and have a "lag" period when progress is slim to none. And this, aided by an increase of work load at the office, some time away for work and caught a virus amidst didn't really help. But now I'm back on it (yeah, the Corvette is nearly finished) and I think it will be downhill from now on.
Now that I've bought a new airbrush, I can move forward a little more. First were the engines, on which i already added the ignition wiring:
The transmission belt covers were painted in a gray slightly different from the aluminum of the rest of the engine and added the fastening screws. The mould cannot be closed because you always have to open the engine in half to be able to install the intake and exhaust manifolds, which in turn have to go through the chassis, that is, everything must be in place. And, when everything is in place, you can no longer access that zone (which at the end will also be very difficult to see at all). The crankshaft pulley is in place, only the water pump and all the driving belts need to be put in place:
Some units had the gearbox "Ferrari" lettering painted red, as is the case of chassis #58329 that I am trying to represent for me:
Test-fitting the whole assembly. The intercoolers still have to be worked on and now comes the most time consuming part: wiring and piping. Then lets see if everything fits under the hood!
The taillights are no longer all orange:
And the rear axles have already been shortened as much as possible. Here comes what had to be cut:
A small test-fit with the chassis and the shortened driveshafts to see how the car "sits". I think it's flawless, to narrow it more than this I had to file the rims narrower... or the rear shock absorbers!
The taillights in place:
The new photoetched Tremonia mesh grilles:
The other cheek:
The sun visor strip is also done. Now I have to figure out how to disguise these microscopic bubbles without having to strip it all down... again!
The rear side windows also have blacked-out areas:
The photoetched window frames are also painted flat black and will have the windows added just prior to adding them on the doors:
Hope the next updates won't take so long!