DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Fantastic - I have a few of them, and wish I had the rest! Beautiful, brutal cars and nice pics!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks Mox, glad you liked the photos. I only wish there would be additional cars added to the Can-Am series. I still haven't added any of the Chapparals and there are one or two others I'm missing, but I'd like to see the 1974 Championship UOP Shadow, for example, Jackie Stewart's Lola T260, and the McLaren M20, to name a few.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Arguably the greatest motor racing series of all time - well represented in your collection. I would love to add the Porsche 917-10 to my collection.

Shame that some of the unusual Ferraris entries have been largely ignored. Looking to also add, like you some of the Chapparals to my Can-Am line up.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I agree, simondc07, that the Can-Am series was perhaps the greatest motor racing series of all time. I was fortunate to be able to attend a couple of the events and I'll never forget the sights and sounds. I also got to meet a number
of drivers, designers, and team owners at an event at Amelia Island a few years ago and see a number of the cars close up for the first time in many years.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I agree, simondc07, that the Can-Am series was perhaps the greatest motor racing series of all time. I was fortunate to be able to attend a couple of the events and I'll never forget the sights and sounds. I also got to meet a number
of drivers, designers, and team owners at an event at Amelia Island a few years ago and see a number of the cars close up for the first time in many years.
We don't see many ex. Can Am cars here in Australia. However, at a recent historic car meet, the Porsche Museum was generous enough to bring out the 917/30 as driven by Mark Donahue. It sounded and looked incredible driven at only 40% capacity. It is a shame that today's forms of motorsport are so highly regulated and restricted. I am too young to have witnessed any of the Can-Am racing but appreciate the free thinking that resulted from the lack of restriction.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can only echo what everyone else has said about the Can Am. Lucky that I was able to see the show twice at Mid Ohio.
Shame that the 1:18 makers abandoned them.
Part of the reaon for my conversion to 1:43. so many Can Am cars are avaialable.

You have a great collection!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts