DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,922 Posts
Arguably the greatest motor racing series of all time - well represented in your collection. I would love to add the Porsche 917-10 to my collection.

Shame that some of the unusual Ferraris entries have been largely ignored. Looking to also add, like you some of the Chapparals to my Can-Am line up.

· Registered
3,922 Posts
I agree, simondc07, that the Can-Am series was perhaps the greatest motor racing series of all time. I was fortunate to be able to attend a couple of the events and I'll never forget the sights and sounds. I also got to meet a number
of drivers, designers, and team owners at an event at Amelia Island a few years ago and see a number of the cars close up for the first time in many years.
We don't see many ex. Can Am cars here in Australia. However, at a recent historic car meet, the Porsche Museum was generous enough to bring out the 917/30 as driven by Mark Donahue. It sounded and looked incredible driven at only 40% capacity. It is a shame that today's forms of motorsport are so highly regulated and restricted. I am too young to have witnessed any of the Can-Am racing but appreciate the free thinking that resulted from the lack of restriction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.