DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Rat said:
Great shots Felix, that's a cool start to the new week.... DTM :drool :drool :drool

Here's another...
Wowzers!!! So many sweet looking MB's and stunning shots just like G3 said. :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy

Rat: I love that Original Teile CLK. :drool I'm hoping to bag one of those really soon.

G3: Awesome looking 1:12 GTR. That's a wonderfully taken picture. :tongue

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Rat said:
StygianMax said:
Spurred on by some cool shots made by G3 and FGT, I thought I'd try some alternative ways to light up my cars. Here's one of a CLK DTM 2000
Beautiful shots Felix, what did you use for lights in this case? I started thinking about switching from my single halogen light to something else. :confused :feedback

BTW, the MB in your pic is from the 2001 season. :cheers
Thanks for your compliment and pointing out my mistake in the year Rat! :cheers I've since correct the info in the post.

As for lighting, I used two halogen lights for the particular shot. THe one to the left of the car was probably about 4' away and the right one was ~2' (rough guess based on brightness level off the car surfaces). There are dimmer switches for both light bulbs. I have them turned to maximum so the colour is a white as possible. I've found that dimming the bulbs casts a yellow tone which I don't like.

The setup I use is very much as you see below (just with no ceiling bulbs lit up)

The one problem I have is that some of my pictures are a a tad fuzzy towards the rear of the car. I'm not sure if that's because I'm limited by a max. f8 setting for the aperture. :confused Since I'm shooting in Av mode where the aperture is forced to 8, the computer in the camera senses how long to hold the shutter open for. I suspect that has nothing to do with the sharpness of the picture though, just how exposed it is and that's it.

:feedback Thanks in advance to whoever can help!. :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
What astoundiong beauty in those W cars!! :drool Great shots maestro, Ronan and VR! You guys know how to make me feel weak at the knees don't you!

Super CLK GTRs too! :happy :happy

Can mine join in on the fun??

Argh! A naked CLK GTR! :giggle

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
scale18 said:
StygianMax said:
Argh! A naked CLK GTR! :giggle
COOL PIC FELIX!!!!! :cool1 :cool1 :cool1
I'm glad you like that picture Pavel. It's kind of different. :lol :lol

Here are a couple more CLK GTRs. These are made by Maisto.

This next set is just for you mwrmt! :cheers :cheers (red gloves rule! :happy )

G

·
Thanks Stygian!

Hi Richard, as a matter of fact, yes, they needed a good wipe :lol

I don't know what a sunny afternoon does to me that makes me want to take pictures of my models :lol

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Cars look so different in black and white. Textures really punch out once the colour is reduced to gray levels. Those are really nicely composed shots boedan. :nicejob :nicejob I love them. :cheers

Here's a shot I took tonight.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Beautiful MBs everyone!! I particularly like that Lorinser Patty!! :happy

Here's one of my earliest shots taken on my piano bench. (I didn't know anything about bristolboard backdrops way back then.) I like the way the subtle "D2" stand out from the silver paint.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts