DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Gee there was some nice photos of there. I am beginning to think I might have made a wrong choice by eschewing the AutoArt R34 JGTC cars... :cry

I decided to pull out some of my Skylines on the weekend in anticipation of adding some more pics to this thread.

I then fed them through that marvelously complex prgram called Photoshop (thanks Mike!!!), and due to not having any idea of what I was doing, used the Auto Levels to make them lighter and brighter. They looked fine on my laptop monitor at home, but at work, the pics look terrible - too dark on ther actual cars, no detail etc. I am sorry for this everyone, but I simply cannot go back and do it all again. It is rather time consuming, and I don't have the luxury of a permanent 'photo studio' - I chuck a poster on the washing machine in the laundry and click away! So I will share these dodgy pics with you. Please accept my humble apologies.

My AutoArt 1:18 R34 GT-R V-spec II in black pearl. In my humble opinion, the finest GT-R roadcar that AutoArt have currently made:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Som of the rarer Skylines to get - Ebbros.

Again, my lack of Photoshop ability has rendered these photos somewhere between prett bad and down-right shocking. Sorry everyone. :eek:ops It means that some of the colours are ctaully indistinguishable, but trust me, they are actually different colours...

Ebbro's 1:43 R32 in Dark Blue:

Ebbro's 1:43 R32 in Gun Grey:

Ebbro's 1:43 R33 in black:

Sorry about the poor quality. But you can see the muscular flanks of the car.

Ebbro's 1:43 R33 in dark grey:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ebbro's 1:43 R33 in LM Blue. This cars are quite recently released by Ebbro, and features the distinctive LM Blue colour, as well as special 'LM' decals on the rear pillar.

Ebbro's 1:43 R33 in Midnight Purple:

Ebbro's 1:43 R33 in White:

Ebbro's 1:43 LM roadcar, for which I am led to believe there is only one 1:1 made (to satisfy Le Mans rules):

G

·
ajrichar, that black AUTOart skyline is so very beautiful...I want to buy one really bad but can't come to grips with spending $50 yet. Very very nice pictures

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Now Ebbro's 1:43 R34 series. The first batch they released contained the V-spec GT-R's in blue, white silver and Magic Purple.

The Blue V-spec:

The silver R34 V-spec:

White:

And the quite keenly sought after Magic Purple car. This appears to be commanding quite high prices whenevr it is found, but I don't really understand why.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks import 2ner, I love that black AUTOart V-spec II. I have all of the other roadcars by AUTOart in both 1:18 and 1:43 except the silver 1:18 V-spec, but I don't mind too much. But thanks for your kind comment regarding the pics. They are illustrative, but that's about it I'm afraid. Other than that, they aren't the best!

Now, after the first batch of R34's were released, Ebbro then moved into releasing the derivations of the V-spec II cars - the standard V-spec II in blue; the white N1 (with carbon bonnet), and the very rare Nur-spec car. The latter was limited to only 1,000 pieces worldwide, and it is the pride of my entire Skyline collection.

The blue Ebbro V-spec II:

To the casual observer wondering what the difference is between this car and the previous blue one, there are a few key differences. If you look very carefully on the rear of the model, the badging says V-spec II' rather than 'V-spec'; the indicators on the front are clear rather than coloured; and the most obvious point is the bonnet vent.

The N1 car:

I have seen a few real 1:1 N1 R34's at a local motorsport rally - Targa Tasmania - and in the metal, they are quite simply awesome.

The Nur-spec car in Jade metallic:

And if you look carefully, you may just make out the small lettering on the right hand side denoting 'Nur':

None of the Ebbro 1:43's have steerable wheels like the AutoArt 1:43's do, but I prefer the former because there is something that looks 'right' about them.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
That is because they are rather keenly sought. You are most likely to find the R33's in black, red and LM blue as these are the most recent releases by Ebbro. The R32's and the R34's sold out long ago. You may still get lucky however, so keep your eyes peeled. I myself am after the remaining 7 or so Ebbro R32 GT-R variants, and I have a mint dark blue one to swap for another colour (its a double of the one I already have), so if anyone can help me there....

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
People viewing this thread from the beginning may have seen the Biante 1:43 Bathurst race cars I posted. The mould they used for that car was the cheap Del Prado mould - the collection that was issued through newsagents each fortnight and featured a new diecast model as well as literature.

I was fortunate enough to have a Del Prado car (minus base) given to me, so I decided to take a couple of shots of it with an R32 made by the now defunct Japanese company Rosso.

Again, apologies for the appalling photos, because the detaiuls of the Rosso are lost in the darkness.

The silver car is the Del Prado, and the dark gun grey car the Rosso. It is interesting looking at the different interpretations of Nissan's iconic R32 GT-R...

The Rosso car is based off the 'Nismo' R32, featuring revised bodywork and rear spoiler from the 1:1 car. The Rosso is also exquisitely detailed, with opening bonnet and modelled engine, and opening doors. The remarkable thing about that is that Rosso made these cars around 1991, so they were years ahead of their competition. The slight awkwardness of the shape is because of having to accomodate the opening parts.

Now, comparing all three 1:43 R32's together.
The Del Prado, the Ebbro, and the Rosso.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Kyosho have produced a burgeoning 1:64 collection, and the Skyline component of that is what they call the 'Bead's Collection'. I unfortunately only have four cars from it, but I'll sahre what I have.

Their R32 in 1:64:

Their R33 in silver:

The same in purple:

The R34 in blue:

Now, to get a sense of scale, with 1:43 cars:

And the 'Bead's Collection' cars together:

I hope that this spurs on more pics of Skylines from other members.

import 2ner - as to your question where I got them from: well, I bought almost all of them from either my local model shop when they were released, or through an interstate shop. Sadly I was too late collecting the R32 series which is why I have only two of them. If you are interested in collecting the remainder of the Ebbro series, all I can offer you is my best wishes, because they are almost impossible to find now, unfortunately. Its not a case of Minichamps cars, where all you need is enough money and patience - it is nigh on impossible trying to track down anything like a complete set of Ebbro GT-R's, unless you know people in Japan (which I don't...) I'm sorry I cannot guide you anywhere to find them because I simply don't know anywhere that stocks these older cars.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I picked this car up a month and a half ago.
It is made by Ebbro, but is printed with the 'Tomica' branding. It is a 1:43, and the special thing about this car is that it has the driver figure in the car too.

Any new Skyline additions from anyone else?

G

·
Don't be modest Andrew,it's a superb diorama mate!
Here's a pic of the Hotworks factory R34 I got today and I love it! My pic is a cruddy one though.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Attachments

21 - 40 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.