DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rare as in limited numbers, not made anymore, or any model that is past common knowledge of models in existence (elusive). For example a model that not many people post pics of.

Gentlemen start your engines.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just got this one tonight, one of my rarest ones I would have to say! (sorry for the really bad photos!) :danbana :yahoo

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Great photos of great cars Burn :nicejob , also feels just a tad bright, or might be just due to 2:30am here, and my eyes are sleepy.

Here a few of my rare/wanted cars.

Kyosho R32 skyline.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
:bump

I guess more than a year would be enough for more hard to find cars to pop up...
Haven't seen so many beauties in one thread in all my time here!

Here are some of mine!

Some are really old pics, so , sorry for their crappiness!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Along with the dark blue LM, which I also have, they are factory prototypes shipped out to a few dealers in Germany only. A contact I had that used to work for UT said these where so rare that people who worked at UT barely knew they existed. Suggesting these where a product of UT painters creativity when promoting the model. They have a little different interior and includes metal door hinges instead of the orange production version's plastic add ons.
I have 2 silver ones and 1 dark-blue. In 2004 I remember seeing a silver one sell for over £1000 on Yahoo Japan :dizzy

I sold one this summer for $600 along with a lot of custom McLarens I was clearing out.

·
Registered
703 Posts
This was the most difficult to find model in my collection. An early Tamiya 1/43 diecast of the Nissan R390 Lemans racer in red and black livery. After much searching I finally located one for sale from an Asian internet store and bought it.

R390sized.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts