DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was dusting off my cars just a few minutes ago, and I heard a slight metallic noise when I picked up my AUTOart Toyota GT-One (1998 version), coming from one of the wheels.

Sure enough, the metal disk had come loose on the left front wheel, most likely due to a lack of glue, and is now roaming freely around the ... You can even see part of the plastic disk that's behind it. From a distance, when displayed, you can't really see it, but still, every time I look at the car, it just doesn't feel the same.

Should I try to contact AUTOart about that? I don't think there's much I can do, I'm pretty sure I'd end up breaking the thing if I wanted to remove the wheel to re-stick it. :cry

Hopefully it's just an isolated case...

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
That actually happend to my AUTOart Murcielago. I just took the wheel off and re-glued the disk back on. I have 6 other AUTOart models with brakes like that and they haven't had that problem.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
A lot of the time they are. If they don't come of easly you can try finding something made of soft plastic that will fit between the spokes, then hold the wheel and push against the brake. It is best if you take the car apart to do that though, so you can get a better grip. Iff all else fails take the car apart and remove the brake caliper, then try to pull the wheel off.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Thanks for the "How To" Venom. My AUTOart 2001 Le Mans C5-R has a brake caliper that's slightly misaligned. When the wheel turns, I can hear it rubbing against the brake disc. Hearing from you that it's pretty easy to remove the wheel, I'll try repairing my caliper. :cheers

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
"Thanks for the "How To" Venom. My AUTOart 2001 Le Mans C5-R has a brake caliper that's slightly misaligned. When the wheel turns, I can hear it rubbing against the brake disc. Hearing from you that it's pretty easy to remove the wheel, I'll try repairing my caliper."

Felix, sounds like you just need to have the rotors turned. Must have jumped on the brakes with them a little too cool!

:lol

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Fred, that's in easy fix, WITHOUT needing to remove the wheel. You need Superglue and a small piece of a metallic wire. Put a SMALL (VERY small) dab of glue on the tip of the wire and from behind the wheel (and behind the disk) touch the plastic support with the glue. Then you have to, from the outside of the wheel, with a toothpick or something like that, to press the metal disk against the plastic. It takes a little hability but it's easy to do. If you are uncomfortable using Superglue, you can even use white glue that will (temporarily at least) hold the disk in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts