DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
:cool1 :cool1 :cool1

I **think** it's been posted before. Very cool all the same! It's from a UK TV ad if I recall right.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ahh yes.. we had this commercial on here in Western Aus.. but it only started half way thru till the end.. Very cool none the less!

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
castrol_supra_gt said:
Yes that's correct. To think that this is done for real and not by CG is really impressive.
It was filmed in two halves and these two halves were digitally merged together. In the high def version of the film you can actually see the transition.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It is pretty damn cool. However, I don't know about those tires rolling UP the ramp.

Its an awesome commercial nonetheless and its fun to watch.

Thanks for posting.

G

·
something to do with ball bearings inside the tires rigged that when the tyre was bumped they rolled in the direction they wanted the tyre to travel... the weight pushed it as far as it needed to go..

presto.. tyres rollin uphill..

if memory serves it was 660 takes to get it right... and absolutely everything used except for the ramp at the end and some fishing line is a part out of the car being advertised...

apparently some people were getting so uptight throughout the shoot that they had to be sent home cos they were walking to heavy and setting this off to early as all the stuff was balanced so exactly that talking loud and footsteps could set it off..

G

·
LUW said:
castrol_supra_gt said:
Yes that's correct. To think that this is done for real and not by CG is really impressive.
It was filmed in two halves and these two halves were digitally merged together. In the high def version of the film you can actually see the transition.
Is this available on DVD?

G

·
RichardM said:
LUW said:
castrol_supra_gt said:
Is this available on DVD?
not on DVD that I know about.. but we did download it thru kazaa...

from memory we got it under "Honda COG add"

if not mate let me know and Im sure I can chuck in on a CD and mail it to you :)

G

·
Watching it for the first time is cool. Watching it the second time is kind of boring... like most Hollywood movies... Still better than most car/truck commercials on TV except for the European Ford Kia, was it? :giggle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts