DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,820 Posts
I have many spare UT McLarens and some nice spare part laying around so I decided to make a really special McLaren F1 just as I like it.

I took a silver UT, painted it glossy black, gave it a new front splitter, high style mirrors (which also some of the real ones had), added mesh several places, repainted the interior, new wheels and calipers, lowered it and finally gave it a rear wing I'm really happy with! The wing is shaped to match the overall curves.

I love the outcome on this one and it will go straight into my Mac cabinet!

What do you guys think?

· Registered
2,820 Posts
Thanks for taking your time to reply guys! It's mainly your commments that makes me post my customs to begin with! I like reading the feedback, both good and bad. I build them for my own pleasure and they feel kinda personal since you invest so much time in them. I may not be the best to post the work in progress or give you outstanding photos. This is because I simply don't have the time to spare as I have so many other daily commitments. I appreciate you who always give a nod and understands the work I've put into them!

Very evil looking. Great mod!
The green on the interior and calipers is a nice touch as well.
Thanks bud! I added the lime green as I love that color. Goes well with both black and gun metal.

· Premium Member
13,951 Posts
I am always a bit worried when someone customers an F1. They usually end looking bad, but yours looks nice. It appears like it could have come this way. Well done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.