DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just found two 2005 Grand Cherokee's and a Jeep Rescue Concept on the shelves at Sam's Club for $9.88. I knew the Rescue was released, but I was very surprised that the 2005 Grand Cherokee were already released, let alone at a warehouse club. I was very lucky to get the Rescue for this price because they are very hard to find at Sam's Club.

I have been waiting very long for Maisto to release their Jeep Grand Cherokee. The pictures I saw of this model were not too impressive, but the model is not that bad. The exterior and paint are nice and accurate. It says "Grand Cherokee" on the driver and passenger front door in chrome which is neat. The headlights, tail lights, and fog lights are actually very nicely done, but ruined by visible attachment stubs. The sunroof also looks out of place (too far back) in my opinion. Another problem I have with the exterior is the rear windows are not tinted. The interior looks a little plasticy but it not that bad. The swithces are all marked and accurate as is the gear shifter. The seat even have the word "Jeep" on them. The two main problems I have with the interior are the headliner is not finished and the wood trim is only painted on (no pattern). Overall, I really like this model even with its flaws. I liked it so much that I bought it in both tan and dark blue. Here are a few pictures:

The Jeep Rescue is a very unique model. The exterior is very nice and the green paint is very cool looking. The tires are nice and oversized but not marked. Once again, the headlights are ruined by annoying attachment stubs again!! The inteior of this model is plain. It has some detail, but nothing spectacular. Overall, I like this model as well. I don't know if I would spend $35 for it, but it is a fine looking model and a unique addition to any collection! I love SUV's so this fits right in. Here are a few pictures:

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Congratulation of your new toys! I got the Jeep Rescue a few months ago and I really like it too. I collect lots of concept cars so this one, I just had to buy it! :giggle

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
The Rescue is very cool :cheers
I was looking at it a couple of weeks ago but didn't pull the trigger :confused

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I would have to say yes. I put the Grand Cherokee next to my AUTOart Grand Cherokee and Kyosho BMW X5 and the sizing was accurate. The Jeep Rescue is huge and towers over all of my SUV's. The tires alone are almost as tall as my 1:18 Mini!! :giggle

G

·
hey got the jeep rescue conspt too.....good i checked before posting pics. I bought it more for the colour though.
Anyone know if i can find one of those old syle Jeep Wrangler CJ7 with a hood??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.