DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have purchased a couple of nitro r/c cars in the last few months.... :badidea I have had electric R/c for some years but saw a video of the Savage Nitro Truck doing massive jumps and was :tempted to dive in and have a go.

They are great fun and boy do they shift. The Savage Monster Truck will do around 45mph tops and the buggy well over 50mph.

My son and i have fun jumping these over ramps, humps etc and just racing around local parks and bash spots.

I have included a 1:18 AUDI S4 and a 1:43 Lancia 037 in the shots to give you an idea of the scale. Both truck and buggy are 1/8. The Truck has a 2 speed tranny with adjustable shift point too!

:cheers

Timbo.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I now have 2 nitro powered cars, 2 electric power cars plus a Subaru 1/10 r/c kit which i have not built up....and probably won't.

My wife says she's getting me a white jacket for my birthday...the kind that button up the back....:giggle.

Here they come for me.... :help

Timbo.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Cool rides, Timbo! :nicejob

I see you got an Inferno buggy. I just convinced my wife to get me the Mini Inferno for Christmas. It's electric (I want to drive it indoors too) and in 1/16, what Kyosho is calling "Half 8". I was just fooling around with PS to create a paint-scheme I might try for the boddy:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Since it's called the Mini Inferno, I guess I should go with flames. Up front I'll subsitute the red with some red, orange and yellow so that it does look like real flames and probably leave the rest of the body blue (most hop-up parts come in blue) or maybe in black, I don't know yet. :cheers

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Luciano,

Yeah the nitro buggy over here is called a Hyper 7 by HoBAO Racing. Very good quality.

I like your paint scheme very much and the other suggestions you have sound great too!.. :nicejob

Looks like you'll have fun with the Inferno. I use the 1/10 scale electric cas indoors sometimes but they are really too big....especially when they knock over the dining room chairs.... :help

The Volvo i have by Kyosho does great donuts on the tiled floor...:giggle

I recommend you get 2 batteries so whilst one is charging you can still have fun....Enjoy!

:cheers

Timbo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.