DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Love the Riviera, I've only got the recent resto-mod version which has the same cool features and details as your Tommy Ivo version but without the classic wheel trims, I couldn't find your version or any others at a reasonable price locally. I also didn't know that the gas tank was behind the number plate! I'm still waiting for them to do the 1965 Gran Sport version......here's hoping!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Love the Riviera, I've only got the recent resto-mod version which has the same cool features and details as your Tommy Ivo version but without the classic wheel trims, I couldn't find your version or any others at a reasonable price locally. I also didn't know that the gas tank was behind the number plate! I'm still waiting for them to do the 1965 Gran Sport version......here's hoping!

Agreed! I've always loved the Riviera too, especially the first generation, and Acme did it so well. I love all the badging - on the fenders, wheels, hood ornament, even the taillights! That impressed me. That blue one is gorgeous too, but I'm really partial to the red. And also the wheels :) I felt very lucky to nab this one when I did.

At first, I didn't know the gas tank was under the license plate either. Sometime much later I happened to look and I noticed that the plate wasn't sitting straight up and down. But I do have two other issues, a GTX from Acme and a Camaro from Highway 61, with gas tanks in the same place so it didn't surprise me. I've always liked that feature on the real cars too.

That '65 Gran Sport sounds awesome, I'd like to see!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts