DiecastXchange Forum banner
101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've seen where there's an Acura Penske dpi in the back ground I haven't seen anyone talk about.do you have a picture of it?
That model seems to be some sort of deep dark secret. It was shown at Nuremberg and then there was the usual long delay before rumors circulated that it had been dropped. Now I've seen a post of one in the wild but none have appeared on Ebay and no webshop seems to list it. Very strange.

Attachments

·
Administrator
34,990 Posts
Maybe the person who has it has the one from the show ? I've not seen it on sale.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've seen where there's an Acura Penske dpi in the back ground I haven't seen anyone talk about.do you have a picture of it?
That model seems to be some sort of deep dark secret. It was shown at Nuremberg and then there was the usual long delay before rumors circulated that it had been dropped. Now I've seen a post of one in the wild but none have appeared on Ebay and no webshop seems to list it. Very strange.
[/quote]

so this showed up this week....
https://diecastsociety.com/topspeed-new-endurance-prototype-racers/

so the acura nor the mazda 1/18 are up on their website yet, but the 1/43 mazda is on tsm's website for preorder. so i called sun rich the north american distributor, and asked about the acura and the one from nuremburg. they did some digging and found the nuremburg display was canceled and only produced for acura employees,same for that corvette dp from a few years back,the new race livery acura dpi was told its scheduled for production as is the mazda but if they dont show up on website then they will be in limited number for mazda/acura employees or exclusive to their web shop....

in other news while searching top speeds web site i noticed the #67 imsa monterey winner was missing in 1/18.ive had that on preorder for over 3 years!!! thats the reason i called sunrich customer support,they confirmed the imsa ford gt has been canceled!!!! three years of waiting
oh well i guess that frees up money to buy more of the auto art ford gt racers!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, here's hoping that the two 1:18 scale 2019 Mazda RT24-Ps do get produced, as I've registered a pre-order on both with Toronto Motorsports.

I've inquired with them as well to obtaining the 1:43 scale versions, as I've sourced the 1:18 Mazda RX-7 GTO IMSA from them previously.

I have the previously years 2016-2018 Mazda IMSA cars in 1:43:
- the two 25th anniversary of Le Mans win liveried 2016 Watkins Glen cars, #55 & #70
- the two standard liveried 2016 cars, #55 & #70
- the two 2017 cars, #55 & #70
- and just recently (on order) the two 2018 cars, #55 & #77

·
Registered
936 Posts
Apparently the price for the new 1/18 models is around 160 euros and more ( it was 129 euros before ).... Spark price for sealed front grilles is too much IMO, especially on a model like the C7 ZR1 or the DBS Superleggera
( and yes, i've seen these two + the new C8 Corvette and the Zagato Aston at my local model shop today )

·
Administrator
34,990 Posts
I always think that their models fall short of what I expect. The only times I've bought them recently is when I've won them cheap on auction for like €60

I was looking at their McLaren 720S in Blue, but it looked kind of toy like. I saw a place with it on sale (at sub €100) but even then I wasn't sure whether to add one or not. Now there doesn't seem to be an left.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I only have 2 models from them. The Ford GTE LeMans winner and the IMSA NSX GT3. And I’m actually really pleased with them. Both were around $150 and compared to other models in that price range, it was fairly good value. The obvious knock would be solid grilles but I think just about everyone does that now. The really bad mistake was on the NSX tire markings, they spelled “Continental” wrong.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm very pleased with my Topspeed Ford GT, too.

I'd say it's up there with my Sparks, but I'm not quite as picky as some (solid grilles don't worry me greatly as there's usually nothing behind them anyway!)

I've a couple of the TSM Bentley LMPs and they're very good too - The Topspeed Ford is on a par with those, which was a relief as some of the photos I've seen of Topspeed models were very disappointing.

M

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Diecast Society announced that TopSpeed will be releasing both of the IMSA Corvette C8.Rs at $185 each:

Also two 1977 IMSA Porsche 934/5, the Brumos #61 that finished 3rd in the 1977 12 Hours of Sebring and the Interscope #0 that won the Laguna Seca 100 miler (same price):

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I have to agree with you on that, Jon. I just watched Sebring last weekend and after I read your comment, went back and checked and the 1:1's yellow IS a lot lighter; shows that way in photos, too.

I'm curious to see if AUTOart plans to release this as a "composite". If it's $200+, nope, but if I can get it for less with opening doors, I will wait and see!

101 - 120 of 145 Posts