DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ostensibly the first Japanese supercar! The 2000GT was designed by Yamaha Racing and offered to Toyota after Nissan turned it down. Production run of 351 over three years and only 60 of them ever made it to the USA, which made this an even bigger draw for me because I love rare ones. This model is extremely well done and I absolutely love the way the car looks, I think it's stunning. I also love all the details, from the prop rod under the rear hatch to the wood paneling on the dash, wheel, and gear shift to the little storage compartments on the fenders and the 'Toyota' badges on the wheel hubs. A-Plus!!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Hood
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Vehicle Car Steering wheel Hood Personal luxury car
Car Hood Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
An absolute stunner from Japan and Autoart did a fantastic job in recreating this in a scaled down miniature of it. I got the red one at a time when they were still plentiful and affordable and always love it. I want the S800 as companion piece and Kyosho made a limited run of it but they are far too expensive for a simple resin IMO.

It is unfortunate that yours is missing one of the fender mirrors it looks like those fender mirrors come off easily as i've seen others with similar issue as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great model indeed. Just loved the roof line. The depression (or whateve it is called) on the roof is too good. I loved this old type wheels. Much better that the wire spoke version of 2000GT
I have the open top version with wire spoke wheels. I should have got coupe instead. Lets see. If I get one with these wheels, I will definitely add.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
The one with the wire wheels kinda fit the period pretty well too me think but yea i would opt for the wheels shown by Scottimus over the wire wheels as well if given the choice. Just saw the red one withe wire wheels on Modelissimo my goodness... 279.95 EUR?! That makes my purchase back in 2013 looks like a proper bargain. Think i paid about AUD$100 at the time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It is unfortunate that yours is missing one of the fender mirrors it looks like those fender mirrors come off easily as i've seen others with similar issue as well.
That's funny, it never even occurred to me! I knew that a lot of the cars in USA pre-1970 or so only came with one mirror and I figured it was the same in Japan. Until just now, I never realized that it's the driver's side mirror that's missing because the car's right-hand drive :D dumb American mistake. Thanks for pointing that out!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great model indeed. Just loved the roof line. The depression (or whateve it is called) on the roof is too good. I loved this old type wheels. Much better that the wire spoke version of 2000GT
I have the open top version with wire spoke wheels. I should have got coupe instead. Lets see. If I get one with these wheels, I will definitely add.
Yes, the roofline is amazing! I just love the profile. And also completely agreed on the wheels, they were another huge selling point. I like wire spokes enough but they almost seem generic to me because they're so common.

And also, gotta say that although I love this car in red and blue as well, I'm still really glad I got it in white. Something about that :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Agree with the common sentiment on the overall shape of the car. It was only recently I realized the car had pop-up lights. I always thought those bulbous foglights were headlights. And what a dashboard! I count 7 gauges. I kind of like the wire wheels and am torn between the two. Nevertheless, I feel either is a good choice.

It's on my to-buy list and it and the Skyline are slowly moving up in priority based on posts like this! 👍

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
That's funny, it never even occurred to me! I knew that a lot of the cars in USA pre-1970 or so only came with one mirror and I figured it was the same in Japan. Until just now, I never realized that it's the driver's side mirror that's missing because the car's right-hand drive :D dumb American mistake. Thanks for pointing that out!
Haha i think many would make the similar assumption as well for just having a single mirror on the older cars. I think some variants of the 2000GT dont even have them. Yours seem to have broke clean off so it doesnt look apparent that the fender mirror is missing too bad it isn't on the driver side or else you could pretend that the customer only requested for a single fender mirror from factory 😁
I had a IG model Skyline KPG110 a while back also with one of the fender mirror broken off but on mine it wasn't a clean break the mirror was missing but the leg still remains. I wanted to remove the remaining leg to make it looks like it only has a single mirror but the glue they used was so strong and it refused to budge.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts