DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I have to admit that this purchase is heavily influenced by Dave’s “DND-Land” review of the Alphard here:
1/18 New Toyota Alphard...by KengFai
(Thanks Dave!!!)

But instead of Black, I chose the white version. After the whole fiasco with USPS losing the package, it magically just showed up at my door and made me very happy!

This thing is amazingly built! Quality is top notch and the fully opening features plus the other details (like openable moonroofs and reclining seats) make this one a must-have for me! The best thing about this Keng Fai release is the interior. It’s so well replicated to the point you can feel how luxurious and plus the inside is.

This is being extremely picky but I had to shim the right sliding door mechanism since it was very slightly misaligned when closed. You can see it in the photos on the bottom hinge when the door is opened.
Growing up in Indonesia and visiting my family there often after I relocate to the states, the Alphard always reminds me of ‘home’. The first thing I saw when I landed was rows of Alphards at the airport as well as the hotel lobby. So I decided to make this an Indonesian version with the Indonesia license plate and Auto 2000 dealer plate frame (Auto 2000 is Toyota’s official dealer network there under the Astra umbrella).

I will let the photos do the rest of the talking. But if you are considering this, I highly recommend it! (y)

Alphard by tanayast, on Flickr

Untitled by tanayast, on Flickr

With the V-Class:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Such a lovely model that Alphard, and the V Class, too. I don't know what it is, but there's something about those boxy people carriers I really like. Congrats on owning those beauties! :love: (y)

Back in May I found one Alphard on eBay, but I think the seller changed his mind about selling, he simply took the listing down when I went back the next day to buy it.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Such a lovely model that Alphard, and the V Class, too. I don't know what it is, but there's something about those boxy people carriers I really like. Congrats on owning those beauties! :love: (y)

Back in May I found one Alphard on eBay, but I think the seller changed his mind about selling, he simply took the listing down when I went back the next day to buy it.
Thanks!
I love those boxy vans too! ;)
There are still a few on ebay if you're still looking for one.
I got mine from eBay seller carstory_2012

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know what it is, but there's something about those boxy people carriers I really like. Congrats on owning those beauties! :love: (y)
You may like this one as well. This is the T4 Westfalia camper I have that I posted here in the past:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Thanks for the tips! I can't find carstory_2012 on eBay, though.

Here in Europe there are heaps of the sealed Kyosho Alphard, but the all-opening KengFai version is very scarce. There are still a few of the Norev V-Class, I might just get one before they disappear completely.

·
Super Moderator
12,633 Posts
First of all CONGRATS on the new Alphard model Stefanus!!! 👏 👏 Next, thanks for the nod to my black Alphard, i also had to buy the white Alphard as well as the Vellfire and Lexus LM300h vans, which you can and others can find in my review here, if you don't mine: Triple Feature: 1/18 Toyota Alphard/Toyota...

Yes, you really can't go wrong with a white Toyota Alphard. It's literally the main color used in Japan and S.E. Asia for these vans for some reason? So, it is almost a must to get a white one.
Detail wise, KengFai is on another level! They really take us back to the days when 360 degrees models were the norm and then elevate that to current 21st Century development and applications.

Glad to see that your package arrived, as I know that you were worried a while now about that. Also, nice to see that you personalized it to your native country's specs. It's always nice to have some form of emotional tie into whichever products we purchase, especially here with model cars.😊 CHEERS!🥂🚐

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips! I can't find carstory_2012 on eBay, though.

Here in Europe there are heaps of the sealed Kyosho Alphard, but the all-opening KengFai version is very scarce. There are still a few of the Norev V-Class, I might just get one before they disappear completely.
I would love to have the 2nd gen Alphard with fill opening if one ever available!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all CONGRATS on the new Alphard model Stefanus!!! 👏 👏 Next, thanks for the nod to my black Alphard, i also had to buy the white Alphard as well as the Vellfire and Lexus LM300h vans, which you can and others can find in my review here, if you don't mine: Triple Feature: 1/18 Toyota Alphard/Toyota...

Yes, you really can't go wrong with a white Toyota Alphard. It's literally the main color used in Japan and S.E. Asia for these vans for some reason? So, it is almost a must to get a white one.
Detail wise, KengFai is on another level! They really take us back to the days when 360 degrees models were the norm and then elevate that to current 21st Century development and applications.

Glad to see that your package arrived, as I know that you were worried a while now about that. Also, nice to see that you personalized it to your native country's specs. It's always nice to have some form of emotional tie into whichever products we purchase, especially here with model cars.😊 CHEERS!🥂🚐
Thanks Dave!! ;)
I'm well aware you bought the white Alphard too, but initially it was the black car that motivated me to get one!
Truly though, model makers like Keng Fai makes it dreams come true for us diecast collectors. When everything is going to sealed model and fully opening becomes a luxury. I have to admit the KF Alphard isn't the cheapest thing but it's worth every penny!

Now speaking of your trio review.... I am starting to look at the Lexus LM....

·
Super Moderator
12,633 Posts
Thanks Dave!! ;)
I'm well aware you bought the white Alphard too, but initially it was the black car that motivated me to get one!
Truly though, model makers like Keng Fai makes it dreams come true for us diecast collectors. When everything is going to sealed model and fully opening becomes a luxury. I have to admit the KF Alphard isn't the cheapest thing but it's worth every penny!

Now speaking of your trio review.... I am starting to look at the Lexus LM....
Stefanus, if you like the Alphard, you'll LOVE the Lexus LM for sure!!! 😊 🥂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts